Advice on winter preparations.

91BLOWNSC

I would like your guys' advice on some winter preparation tips if you could. I have a 91 SC I am going to be storing very shortly here (before first snowfall which might be tonight). Well, as of right now we are putting up a polebarn and it will not be cemented till spring. So the car will have to sit on the dirt floor, which I have heard isn't the best. Should I park the car on a tarp to act as a vapor barrior? And will that suffice and keep moisture out? MY second problem is mice. Last year I had the car in the garage because of blown HG's and they still got into my trunk. Found some turds (hehe). Well I want to keep them out this time just in case so they don't eat into my seats or something. What is the preventative maintenance for this? Many mouse traps? Or some kind of repellent?

Should I move the car during storage? Or start it once a month? Or should I Just leave it alone. Any tips, suggestions, or commments would help out greatly!! Thanks!

get ur tires off the dirt--Ive heard letting ur suspension hang is the best for storage--also moth balls work excellent to keep mice and bugs away
g/l
Josh

Back