Enough of the GTO talk. Let's try the C6 now...

JAFO

Got this from another board, possible C6?

fa937c43.jpg

fa937c27.jpg

fa937c09.jpg

fa937bf7.jpg

Rear glass courtesy of VH1 "I love the 80's". Damn, I'm tired of that look.
I hope that isn't it, that's a C5 with Viper headlights. Even S2000 like on the front end. It'll still be a good looking car, and they aren't likely to make drastic appearance changes to a 'Vette, but I was hoping for something more than that. I hate that rear glass, why can't they put a Z06-style top/glass on that thing? Looks SO much better.

hmm...

That looks way too much like a C5 for me to call it the "NEW VETTE". 62-63, 67-68, 82-84 and 96-97 brought drastic changes to appearence and running gear. Are the creative juices in Bowling Green down to a failing prostate induced trickle??? I'd love to see something really revolutionary from this platform....too bad.

Anthony

Actually Chevy musta bene forced into changing the style sooner then expected..This one hasnt been around fer 10 year yet even

It does look like a year model change instead of a C6 kind of change. It's just not very different. Maybe a longer greenhouse, but other than that the front end isn't very different. I thought they were going to a smaller car this time.

I don't think these are spy photos at all. I think they're pictures from a company that makes body kits and accessories and such. This looks like the same ol vette with a different nose(not sure about this, would have to look at it through my rearview mirror first to confirm) and a slightly different tail. I never cared for the way the exhaust was setup in the rear. The rear bumper cover on new vettes is way too big IMO. It needs something to break up that big ol butt. Those viper headlights don't work either. I agree with the I Love the 80's theme needing to go as far as the rear glass goes also. That first photo of the black car looks eerily like a late 80's early 90's Firebird to me. One last thing, I don't like the coverings they put all over them. GM better lose those if they hope to sell any of them.:D

Never thought of that. Whatever it takes I guess. Hopefully when the bad guys do release a new Vette they will do something dramatic. This design is tired. I don't recommend letting the crew that designs the new Caddies have anything to do with it, unless you would like that "Stealth Vette" look. New caddies=HORRIBLE! Sorry, a little off subject................AGAIN! :rolleyes:

I hope your right about the pics, Darkside. You never know with what circulates on the internet. I do like Vette's, but they just seem bland (in styling) compared to the competition and even what they looked like in the first 2 gens. Plus, the design hasn't changed a whole heckuva lot since the 70's. Just flatter.

Those pics are of the real C6 no doubt in my mind.

These pics don't concern me the way the new mustang spy photos do. I already had a 68 Cougar when I was in high school. If I wanted a 68 Mustang I would buy one. I wait for the all new Mustang and it's retro. :(

Those pics do look similar to the sketches that Motortrend has.

112_0304_c6_l.jpg

Trust me, they won't have the Caddy design crew on it, they already have made their mark the Vette platform.

112_0307_luxcad_l.jpg

112_0208_cadxlr3.jpg

-Steve

That Caddy looks better than the Vette actually. Rear end is much better. Still don't like the front end though. Too edgy.

Darkside said:
That Caddy looks better than the Vette actually. Rear end is much better. Still don't like the front end though. Too edgy.

Things always look better in person... I hated the way the new bmw's were looking but after seeing them in person they grew on me. Same with the XLR

Last pics that I saw for the C-6 looked like a retro styled 53 vette with single round headlights. It actually looked kinda sharp.

I liked that one too. Read comments on car boards where people hated it! I don't understand that. I like the converted Vette's with that same look. I love the early year models, classy.

SDMF

204 posts [100%]
Bonaire GA

Re: === REAL PICTURES of the 2005 C6 == I took these sunday!!! (islandhopper) 7:08 AM 11/17/2003

A nice looking car, but it still doesn't scream "new Corvette" at me. It just looks like a re-trimmed C5.

[Modified by SDMF, 12:50 PM 11/17/2003]

The above is a quote from somebody off of the Corvette forum. I feel the same way. Looks like the old ones but like someone said earlier, with a Viper front end.:rolleyes:

I thought this was Super Coupe Club of America.

What's with all this Gross Motors junk? Free advertising for POS?

Or is that POS lovers? :D

Lee

I guess I should go to a chevy board so I can read about some fords.
And veiw some ford pictures.Do you all think that the vet boys have any
good pitures of a SC,STANG,GT40 ect.

randy

Back