Need pwr stearing help

gunman_sr5

I have a broken mtr mt that severed a line. I know that much at least. What I was wondering. Can the cooler just be left out of the system. Getting rid of the brocken line.

Also I was wondering if anyone had diagrams of the pwr stearing system. This is all for a 90.

DUDE, I have exactly the same problem. I am fixing it in a couple days. My motor mounts were shot and lowered the engine which made the oil pan crush the PS line. Mine didn't break, but it's very thin at a point.

I bought a replacement from the Ford dealership for $65 and change. I can replace it easy now, cause my engine is out of the car :)

Later

Here is a picture.. Without the cooler you'd likely have issues with high temps. They stuck it on there for a reason.

power%20steering.jpg

Just an idea...

Would it be possible to cut out the broken sections of the line, clamp on some flexible tubing that can handle whatever temp and pressure is generated, and re-route the lines to the cooler so that the broken mounts are no longer an issue? I don't mean to suggest that you shouldn't replace the collapsed engine mounts (they cause more problems than just severed power steering lines when they go), but it would save your pump in the interim....

I assume a line for a normal 3.8 bird will work in this situation. Just run the new line from the pump to the gear. Am I correct in assuming this.

Back