here's more info on my shoulder belt problem.

j rick kirby

ok,as I mentioned before I got in,closed the door,it went back to the B pillar and would not go to A when I opened the door to get out.Here is some more info.The dome light operates properly and I unpluged the puter in the trunk to see if it would reset.Now when I open the door it moves about an inch toward A before getting stuck.When I close the door it moves the inch back to B and ofcourse stops cause it's up against the stop at B.The light on the dash comes on if I unhook the belt.Soooo,it seems to me that the motor,sensors,switches,puter,etc.are all working and something is causing it stick and not move more than that inch toward A.Any thoughts?

I had a similiar problem that turned out to be a loose connection around the motor assembly. I dunno, but have you check the connections?

Calvin

By any chance do the left and right side belts have separate fuses? Trying to repair mine that some jerk at the tranny shop just cut the wire at the motor to shut it off. Anyway, now that I have the car back I am trying to repair what he disabled. Got a short out of it the other day and now no longer have power to the motor on the left side only. Never mind, sorry for the dumb question. They have to be on the same circuit as the interior lamps. Once again I asked without thinking..... :confused:

Last edited:
I had trouble with my seat belts too. There is a post called "Passive Restraint" posted by me (Pearl Red XR7) it goes through trouble shooting the system. The end thing I found wrong with my car was the switches on the latch inside my door were unplugged and one was out of adjustment. I never knew that switch was there until someone told me about them on the post. They don’t control your dome lights, that switch is by the door hinge. Read the post and see if it helps you as it did me. :D

Back