pistons

nastybird93sc

hey i would like to here from the guys that are producing the most hp and torqe i need some help on pistons what brand is the best and what kind of compression are you running before boost also what rings are the best lmk thanks in advance:D

If I were going to build a bottom end, I'd go with JE Piston and Eagle 351 Rods. But that's just me.

Thomas

I personally use ROSS pistons and total seal rings. Anyone of the EAGLE, SCAT, CAT and other rods will work fine. Just make sure they are balanced accordingly.

I can get ROSS pistons direct in case anyone wanted to know.

Chris

I would go with.......

Six grapefruit cans for pistons,rubber bands for rings, and rods would be made from old coat hangers..
Well, what the heck, if you can rebuild something as fast as you claim, then that should be a no brainer for you to build this 3.8 to go 9's as you said you were........Rich

nastybird93sc said:
thanks Wzenheimer how much can you get the ross pistons for and what are the specs if you don't mind thanks again
:D
What kind of spec info do you want? Theres alot that can be said about a piston but if you would narrow down what it is youre looking for it would make it easier for people to help you.

that is funny rich i was starting to miss you any way mike what i was looking for was the spec on the compression that the pistons should have the best type of ring for high boost and alot of juice as for the rods i am not sure about the rods some have said 351 rods but a friend said that they needed machine work before they would fit also what stroke do the stock rods have and should i go with a different strock than that even though i am not going to stroke the engine thanks from those who are serious about this:D

I've got Ross pistons, CAT rods and Total Seal rings. Chris Wise built my engine and it has stock 8.2:1 compression.

David

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I have been out of town.

I can get the ross pistons in any compression size, any ring groove size, and any bore size you want. I can get them for the 351w rod with is 5.956 and the stock rode length of 5.9135.

Chris

thanks Wzenheimer can you get me a price range on some pistons i am not sure what compression i am going to need yet but i need some more info what modifications will i need to do if i go with 351 rods and what compression ratio seems to work the best if say i am pushing 17-19 lbs of boost thanks
:D

David, could you give some more info on your motor's internal parts?? I would like to build my motor kinda like yours:D
Pistons( part number??) rods, totals seal rings(which ones?) cam?
I would like to have a motor that can handle around 300 hp and a 60 shot of nitrous.
Does that make sense?

David, could you give some more info on your motor's internal parts??

Like I said, Chris Wise built my engine. I believe the rods are 351W, the pistons are custom for use with that rod and 8.2 CR and the rings are gapless .020 over. The cam is Chris' custom grind and requires heads with valves and springs similar to what Stegimeier sells to handle the lift/duration.

If you want more detailed info, your going to have to talk to Chris.

BTW, If all you want is 300 HP (at the flywheel) and a 60 HP shot of nitrous, you don't need a built bottom end. The stock engine can handle that.

David

Back