need new brakes

dvruger

I had an idiot :mad: pull out in front of me friday and I had to hit the brakes hard. My brakes were already in need of replacment, but now I blew the bads of the front left.
My question is:
Is there a brake performance upgrade availablel for a 92 without requiring new spindles and swaping everything to a different years parts? I guess I'm looking for pads, calipers that will bolt on, and or rotors, without having to replace anything else. I'm not wanting larger/wider tires, just more stopping power than stock if available.

There have been a lot of posts on this.

Use the "Search" function, and input "brake upgrade".

Lee

Continued

I did the search earlier, basicly all I saw was people swapping spindles to accept larger wheels but that's not what I'm looking to do. If there are no caliper upgrades for a 92 does anyone have suggestions for rotors and pads? I'm just looking to stop this beast.

Look a little closer.

There's the Lincoln Mk VIII swap.

If you just want pads, go ceramic.

Lee

The swapping of spindles is not just for getting larger wheels. The 89-92 spindles will only accept the stock calipers and stock diameter rotors. The 93-up spindles will accept the Cobra and other Mustang dual piston type calipers and rotor combinations.

About the only thing you can do for your 92 is to find a rotor pads that you like. Some have the KVR rotors and I especially like the Performance Friction carbon metallic pads.

You should be able to get the 93+spindles for $50-$100.

I bought the complete spindle, rotor, caliber off of a mustang for $50 a side.

If you cut the rotors and or redrilled(or new rotors), get new pads, you will have a much better brake system that you may chose to upgrade in the future.

Brakes will work off any mustang 94 and up.

Back