removing spark plugs

tadmichael22

This may sound stupid but how do I gain access to my plugs? There isnt much room to get to them and I desperately need to change them. Do I have to remove several other parts to remove them??? Please help!!!

REMOVING SPARK PLUGS

tHE WAY i HAVE DONE MINE IS TO GET AT THE DRIVERS SIDE FROM UNDERNEATH. oN THE PASSENGER SIDE TAKE THE INKAKE TUBING TO GET AT THEM FROM THE TOP. THE FRONT PLUG ON THE PASSENGERSIDE IS EASIER FROM UNDERNEATH. aNYWAY YOU DO IT IST A PAIN IN THE ***. tIM

Same as Tim but...

I do mine the same way Tim does his but I also remove the fuel injection wiring harness from the connection on the firewall and get it out of the way. Passenger side much easier.

Good luck.

i did them all from underneath on the driver side. the front one on the passenger side can be tough. use a socket with a swivel on it and a couple extensions with swivels. an extra set of hands up above helps a lot. i removed the plastic ARC cover on the passenger side and pulled all that A/C tubing and wire harnesses back and hooked them around the top of the ARC to keep them out of the way.(be careful if you try that). do your wires while you're at it. try a search to see some other methods. some guys disassemble everything to get at them. it's a knuckle buster for sure.good luck

I've got to take my tranny out to replace the slave cylinder. Will this make it any easier to chage the plugs from the underside?

Back