Side Door GFX Installation help..

SuperCoupeSC91

i took my car back from the body shop, and i got my GFX panel that mounts to the side of the door in my hands now (the body guy broke a black bracket that mounted on the door towards the front fender but i just bought one and installed it on the piece and tried to put it on and there is a big gap and it doesnt seem to fit right..) and i see there are white brackets that are riveted to my car on the door 2 on my door and i have one on the back seat floor ? is this suposed to be already on my door ? am i suposed to slip the ground effex piece into this ? or are they suposed to be put on my gfx piece then riveted on ? someone please help ? i'd liek to go cruiseing tonight but i wont if i dont have this dam panel thing on my door..thought all i had to do where to tightn 2 screws ?? Thanks for any help.... Alex LaChance..

Those aren't quite rivets con the door. They are sort of fixed in place studs. Those white plastic clips slide on to them. Once all the plastic clips are on the door then the GFX piece goes on. Try to line up the top and then press down and press the bottom together. Squeeze it together the whole way along the bottom of the door to make sure all of the clips grab.

If you take a good look at the plastic clip you will see it is sort of spring loaded at the bottom. The GFX piece just presses onto the door. There should also be a small stud at each end of the GFX peice these go through holes in the door and are fastened with nuts once the part is seated into the clips.

Back