Smell and Smoke

Billabong089

for the longest time, I have noticed a sweet anti-freeze burning smell, since last january actually, and occasionally when I put my heat and vent on I would get the smell in my car.

I just ignored it, figured it was the oil I spilt burning off the valve covers since I was a newb back then and wasnt sure if it was an oil or antifreeze smell, but I'm pretty sure its antifreeze now.

I notice whiteish smoke coming from the area where the ECC test connectors and all that crap is, passenger side right by the firewall, engine seems to run fine, and like I said for the longest time it has been like that but now I really want to know whats leaking or whatever the problem can be because my overflow tank keeps emptying and for the first time I actually noticed a small puddle of antifreeze but the strange thing is, I filled my overflow tank up and didn't really drive my car becuase of the leaking tail shaft seal, ( dont 'wanna burn up the trans) and the overflow tank was half gone the next morning with the puddle lol... crazy car, I think it might be time for a new one.

thanks,
ed

well um....its been like that for a year, the smoke I cant see wheres that coming from, I'm gonna have to look underneath and the heat works fine.

You won`t find the leak untill you pull the dash and get the heater core out. These have been known to go bad. You might want to have this done for it is a pain in the a$$.

my car started doing that today it is the heater hose that runs through my throttle body leaking

rlong:
my car started doing that today it is the heater hose that runs through my throttle body leaking

How do I get to that hose? and is it easy to get to????

Back