Anti-lock brake light stays on.... al the time!!!

motocross_masta

My orange anti-lock brake light stays on constantly! The brakes work perfect. We haven't lost any fluid since last time we did brake work (replaced brake modulator... PITA to find the part). I'm just wondering if its something I should be worried about? It doesn't only come on after hard braking, its on all the time! From when i start the car til I turn it off. Thanks in advance guys...

Well I'll just throw this in for reference. My ABS light used to stay on all the time too for a while. Everything works just fine but I always had that light on. One day it just never came on again. I check the wiring for it through the system and the ABS computer isn't sending a signal to it when it goes through start up diagnostics or anything. I checked the bulb and it's fine. I had a mechanic check the system and voltages are all okay to everything except the indicator light. Two days ago it was raining here and I had a situation where the ABS kicked in so I know now that it is working properly. My mechanic and I have just decided to let things ride for now and not worry about changing the computer. I personally changed the ABS computer out with a spare and had the same situation so it isn't the computer anyway. As long as things are working properly, I wouldn't get too worried about it but I do suggest that you have the system checked electrically to see if you have a different problem than I have. Just my .02.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Back