you mean we're out of gas?

pdennis93

so im out at a friends mom's house (dont even say it!!!!!) and when i left to come home i knew i needed gas but i didnt see any gas stations on the way to the highway but didnt see any.... so i got on the highway knowing i had enough fuel to get back to the exit where id be getting off near my house.... HOWEVER... i somehow turned onto i75 north twords the everglades instead of the sawgrass mills expressway twords atlantic blvd where i live. (ive only made this trip one other time and it was NOT at night) well i get on i75 north and hit the toll booth i remember being 75 cents...its a buck 50 WTF?????? call my friend, he says i made a wrong turn, so i find a turn around and get going back to the road by his moms house, look for more gas stations, no dice. end up going back to his house and he gives me directions which i somehow @#%$ up.... i end up going down the wrong road and end up on one of those forced entry to expressway things (road ended and no clover) so i pull over and call him and he says he'll meet me on an exit off 595 (not the normal way i go, but at this point im @#%$ lost).... so then i get off the highway and see him and he leads me to a gas station...where i procede to fill up the sc totoally because 1. i dont want to run out, and 2. i want to see how @#%$ low i really was on gas.......18.678 gallons

last i heard 92-97 mn12's had a 18 gallon tank.... so my question is... WHERE IS THE AUX. TANK?????

ps. thanks aaron for getting my dumbass back on the highway going the right direction.

Man Peter, sounds like you were having one of my kind of days.. I've always heard it was a 19.2 gal tank, I put 19 even in mine the day we were coming back from Moroso...

RJ

Few places I've read say the tank is 18.5-18.8 gallons. Maybe you should have only gotten about 14 gallons and bought yourself a nice map of South Florida. :)

scew maps, i want the GPS that is in dan holleran's Lex. that thing is sweet!

a map wont tell you which exit to get off at whilst your cruising at 60mph down the highway (i was driving sort of old person like to save gas)

oh and the early 89-91 model tank is 19 gallons, but everything ive read said the late model is definately 18.0 as verified in my recently aquired 1993 issue of car and driver "el coupe comparo" which tests the 93 sc with a lex 300, subaru SVX, and a BMW 325i (i love that car too, its the one in "the chase")

anyway, uh, im glad our fuel lines are long and big and hold .6-1 gallons of gas :cool:

Last edited:
well i mean when i was crawling to the gas station while on the highway, since i had driven 50+ miles with the CG light on i knew i was down into the high 17 gallons range, but damn i didnt know it would take 18.6

Now that you've gotten your "initiation into Florida travel" over with Pete, I expect you to never get lost again.:)

That's one thing nice about Florida east coast north/south travel; Point your car on I-95 and go to the right exit. Done. :)

onequiksc said:
Now that you've gotten your "initiation into Florida travel" over with Pete, I expect you to never get lost again.:)

That's one thing nice about Florida east coast north/south travel; Point your car on I-95 and go to the right exit. Done. :)

Hey Dan, he's down in that strange area of south Fl... 95 does wierd things down there!! :D :D I think it's the swamp gases!! :D :D

He's allowed two driving messups!!!

Noted RJ, I do recall that area being a lot more complex than we have it up here, so he's got a freebie or 2. :)

P.S. If I one day find my GPS unit missing, I'll know who took it.

If any of you southern boys find PDennis with a new looking GPS, just take it away from him and send it back to Dan will ya!! :D

I used to live in Coral Springs. Between Sawgrass, 75, the Pike, and 95...you're up ****'s creek without the damn canoe!

Once you hit 75 off the Sawgrass...you're screwed.

However...I was able to make it 4 trips from Coconut Creek to Springs on "E".

Back