SC Stalling ...

blksc

My 94SC seems to stall ONLY while at idle. It doesnt stall all of the time, and it may go weeks before it does it again. Any ideas ?
Im thinking its a fuel problem like clogged fuel filter, or injectors.

When my SC was stalling at Idle, it turned out that I had a bad vacuum leak. Have you replaced the IAC?

Calvin

Oh really ? i have replaced my iac awhile back. I think that could be it, because sometimes it seems like its gonna drop below idle, then it comes back to the normal idle point.

Sticky...

Sounds like my IAC. HOw does one clean the IAC ? is the gasket surface resuable ?

I have been searching here for an hour and have not found anything detailing the cleaning of the IAC. I am about to do this. I also hear a hiss when I shut down.

keithw said:
I have been searching here for an hour and have not found anything detailing the cleaning of the IAC. I am about to do this. I also hear a hiss when I shut down.

You clean the IAC by removing it and using a throttle body spray cleaner to soak the unit. You don't want to spray it directly into the IAC as it will damage it. Just soak it. Let it sit, the soak it again and dump all the liquid out. Make sure you disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before restarting the car. You'll want the EEC to relearn the idle.

Mike8675309 said:
I would start by simply cleaning the throttle body and the IAC. It could just be a bit sticky.
I went to clean my TB cause its NASTY and i have a sticker on my TB that says DO NOT CLEAN TB plate and bore has a special coating, etc etc.... whats up with this? i have it off its dirty i was gunna hit it with some INtake cleaner butu maybe not anyone else know what this is about?

That's a warning to make sure you use safe cleaning agents. When you go to the auto parts store there is throttle body cleaner that will say it's safe for throttle bodies. You should be able to ask the guy behind the counter to be sure.

Back