Heading north for two weeks..

kamakazie_1

Oh, I love this stuff they call vacation time...

Ok folks, I'm headed north for two weeks in Southern Illinois and if anyone wants anything from any of the local folks up there let me know before Friday. I'll have a mostly empty F-250 coming home if anyone wants to buy something and I'll bring it back for you, maybe save you guys some shipping.... Now of course there is restrictions to this... Snow is the biggest factor, I might even be going to PA around Beaver Falls for the last week but it is very weather dependent...

Sc Y'all

RJ

Ok folks, I'm headed north for two weeks in Southern Illinois and if anyone wants anything from any of the local folks up there let me know before Friday. I'll have a mostly empty F-250 coming home if anyone wants to buy something and I'll bring it back for you
Hmmmm, Southern Illinois. Do you have room for a box about 5' 9" long that weighs about 200 lbs? And do you offer return shipping? :)

Why are you wanting to come south for the winter Kurt??

LMAO!!!!

Make sure you poke some holes in the box RJ. Oh,...and a couple Super Ford magazines and a flashlight won't hurt either. :D

A few beers wouldn't hurt either...

Have a good trip RJ! Oh, and send me the information about that vendor at Turkey Run!!

JJ, what day are you going to go to TRR? I will most likely be there on Saturday with my friend Kev ('93 SC), although Friday is an outside possibility . It depends on what day P Diddy gets up here , and that appears to be Friday night right now.

Just curious if I would bump into you.

Hmm... Saturday seems more likely, I will have to see what my work schedule looks like. I will PM you when I know.

Just wanted to keep you guys on your toes. Sure, I'd like to head south for the winter, but I've got a problem....a job :(

Anyway, I've got too many projects around the house to do. I'm definitely gonna try to head down again next year.

Have a safe trip. BTW, did you ever buy those anny. wheels? You'll be close :)

Hey Kurt, I might be able to put you into the back of the Extended cab.... Would be a lot warmer in the cab than in the bed... And lord knows there will be plenty of snacks cause Joyce is her father's daughter for sure...

i havent figured out if i can make it up there or not, im 99 percent sure im working saturday, which means i wouldnt get up there till late late late saturday night, is it still worth driving up?

i wouldnt have to work again till wednesday afternoon so i d prolly leave tuesday sometime

It's up to you Pete, but here's the dealio for me...

I will likely be going to the Turkey Rod Run on Saturday, because Kev can't go on Sunday due to the fact he has to work on Monday, and it's a lot of walking and he'd be too beat without the day off in between, so...

I *may* go over to Orlando on Sunday to the International Auto Show(least I'd like to), and if you came up, you could either go to the Turkey Run yourself and see if anyone else local wants to hook up, OR, go with Teri and I (and maybe Bob Pringle-haven't asked him yet) to the auto show (the new cars) at the Convention Center.

Things can always change of course, butas of now that's the plan. If you're bored and want to come up, we can always do some stuff with your car Monday etc.

Think it through.

yeah i probably will try to make it up i really wanted to get some things done with the car :) ill see if i cant get out a little early saturday or something and try to drive up there pretty quick.

im gonna talk to my manager on wednesday and tell him i was invited to a belated thanksgiving dinner saturday in daytona and to see if i can take saturday off if i work a whole 12 hr shift thanksgiving day and the one before...hint hint :D

Last edited:
I'll be there Saturday!! Let me know when and where you'll be Dan. :) I do not even know what goes on there. Do we just park and walk over or what?

That serves me for posting before everything was ironed out.

JJ, looks like I'll be going on Sunday with Pete and my friend Kev, things changed for Kevin and I today and it actually suits Pete better since it's unlikely he'll be here on Saturday, since he has to work as of now

If you change your plans and can hook up on Sunday, let us know.

All you do is follow the cars into whatever parking lot is active when you get there (they will close down the full lots) and park and walk to the front (facing Speedway blvd) and you'll see a few small ticket windows/buildings . It was $10 to get in the last few years.

If you can't hook yo with us, i apologize, - fliud situation.

P.S. I was thinking, if any of us are around on Saturday eve, maybe we can meet up for dinner somewhere in Daytona. My cell # is;

386-212-0972

I *may* go to the International Auto Show at the Orange County Convention Center in O-Town Friday or Sat. Not positive just yet which day, if at all, but I'll post when I do know.

Back