putting an SC on an LC

Spyride

Howdy guys
sence this is my first post, Ill interduce myself and give you my question. Im Adam, and an RX7 (not XR7, though I used to have an 88) lover. This post is for my friend, we're making a project car out of his TB.

I was wondering, sence this is my first real project involving an piston engine car. whats needed to swap a sc from an SC into a 94 LC (I believe thats the model, its the one with the v-6). We have the supercharger and what appers to be a throttlebody, but where'nt able to grab the computer or anything else yet. Can to stock computer handle the boost and will the stock fuel system (everything from the pump to intake mani) be able to fit with some modifications or perhaps a custom adaptor?

thanks in advance for any help.

p.s. nice site guys, looks to be pretty friendly a clean, no real flaming wars or anything mean hearted going on. If you get a chance, you guys should check out www.mazspeed.com. A nice group of knowlagable people at that site, lots of good info, and you could learn a thing or two about the wonderful rotary engine.

Adam

Basicly what is needed is an entire SC engine. Sorry to be the one to break it to you. You might be able to put the SC on an LX motor if you run very little boost. The SC engine is quite a bit different than the LX. Check out here for all of the changes http://host.sccoa.com/articles/everwonder.php

As far as I know it's easier to just buy a Super Coupe but maybe someone else has tried putting a super charger on an LX. Sorry to break it to you.

No worries, one way or another where going to get this thing on there. Just hoping I could find someone whos done it first, just so we could get a heads up on any difficulties. Only things I see being a problem are the cpu, mounting, and the intake. But will see how things go.

kiss your bottom end bye bye if you intend to bolt the SC intake and supercharger on that stock LX bottom end which is very weak.

This would be quite a project. You would need the manifold, supercharger and associated intake plumbing. You would also want to go with the SC TB, MAF, and fuel injectors. Will also need the SC fuel rail and FPR. Also, get a bigger fuel pump to put in the gas tank to work with the supercharger.

I’m not 100% sure if the SC intake manifold will fit the NA 3.8 heads.

You’ll also want the DIS system from the SC and all of the associated wiring. This includes the DIS module, crank damper and crank pickup for the system. Yank out that distributor and put in the drive for the cam sensor. You’ll need all of the brackets and pulleys from the SC engine to drive the supercharger and accessories. Replace that MAP with a BAP!

If you run stock boost levels, then you will also want the IC and will need an SC radiator to mount it. You’ll need that PCM and all associated wiring. Also, replace your stock exhaust system, since it will be too restrictive for the added boost.

You might just want to have a big SC pulley custom made and run lower boost levels (around 6 lbs). Then you might be able to just plumb the SC back into the manifold with no IC. The NA engine might live longer at those boost levels. Might need a tuner or a chip burned to get it all to run correctly.

or....you can go get a cheap running sc for about $1500. With all the work envolved in making the swap, it would be well worth it. People think they can swap the SC on the N/A motor all the time, but its not that easy. There are many many many many things that will prevent that and these not so obvious aspects get overlooked.

Thanks for the input guys, much apperciated. I was hoping there was a little cheaper way, maybe a company that made the intakes and such, but...
We plan on using the stock supercharger and throttlebody and thats about it. Ive got a friend with a mechine shop, and the guy who owns the car works at a steel yard, so getting steel and custom fabbing up the intake shouldnt be to hard or costly, and the bottem end shouldnt suffer at all as long as the intake is sized right and the right injectors are used. We'll be replacing the cumputer with maybe a haltech or something along the lines, and revamping the ignition with an MSD box and coils, using that to goto DIS.
THis Project is still a little while off, and where just in the planning stages know, but we happened across the supercharger, so we got it. Mainly were not worried about cost or difficulty, as we are using this as a learning experiance as were going to school.
Besides, imagine pulling up next to a lx (thought that was the V8? Im an RX-7 man, so bear with me) and seeing they rear end as we fly down the road.

Back