saw my abs light, should i worry?

GREATWHITE666

i havent seen it in a while, but i notice very rarely usually right after i start my car and put it in drive my abs light comes on for a second. and thats usually when i hit the gas more than normal. but then i never see it again.... does this mean soemthing is about to go out? could pulling the codes come up with something? car has 78K miles... thanks.
Damon

most likely.. ur ACCUMULATOR on the BRAKE SYSTEM is dying.. you might try to replace the brown relay on the passenger side in the engine compartment under the passenger HOOD SHOCK... if that doesnt do it.. then ur accumulator is huffing and puffing cuz its gonna die soon.

Its not the accumulator....

At least it isn't if you are asking about the '95 SC in your signature... '93 - '95 SC's had the second generation Teves ABS (no accumulator). I believe this system uses "manifold vacuum" to maintain operating pressure. I would check for a pressure leak. This is just speculation on my part, but I am sure if you have a '95 SC the trouble is not related to an accumulator.....

yes

yes i am referring to my 95. well good then a pressure thing sounds better to fix. and it only happens when id hit the gas hard after starting up the car.
thanks guys-
Damon

Back