Morana v6 racing questions

livinsvt

Hey guys as some of you might of read I am looking into buyin a SC. I am checking in to the performance options that are there and noticed there is a lot of support. I have read about Morana in MM&FF, as well as the most recent issue with the t-bird shootout. They seem to have some nice engine packages escpecialy the stroker setups. The price doesn't seem to out of hand either. So my questions are, do they have a good rep amongst you guys. Is there enough improvement in power to warrent the cost. Finaly how to they compare to the competition, Coy miller etc.. The comeititon seems to be pretty pricey. Sorry if this has been asked a million times before. Thanks again

I agree with Wayne that you will get decent feedback from the Ontario guys. I think though before you start shopping for an engine builder or parts supplier for any motor (not just the SC) that you need to set some target goals in mind first. If you do this and share with the community what you are after, the feedback you receive and research you can do which shows how others have obtained the same or similiar goals as yours will prove to be instrumental on your purchasing decision. In the long run, it can save you a significant amount of money and headaches.

Paul

Morana v6 racing racing questions

I bought quite a few parts from Tom and had somebody else assemble it. If I had it to do over again I would have bought a complete stroker motor from Tom. There is no replacement for displacement.

true that is, but how reliable are the stroker motors?? anyone had one for an extended period of time?

I would get on the Ontario board and ask some questions. Its like anything else how hard do you plan on running it. I ahve never heard of anybony having a problem with one of Toms engines. If I did buy a stroker motor I would get the crankshaft guridle to go with it.

I wouldn't be running it to hard. Mostly street, occasional track duty. I did post over in the Ontario forum, but I haven't got alot of feedback yet.

Back