Wyoming Tech

BlkSCnKS

Anybody have any personal experience with Wyoming Tech? I've wanted to go there since my junior year in high school and I just recently decided mechanical engineering isn't for me. Just wanted to see what others opinions were of this tech school. www.wyotech.com Thanks, Brandon

I was going to go to WyoTech (I used to live in Wyoming anyway). I toured their campus... didn't like the campus or the location. So I went to Denver Automotive & Diesel College instead. It's pretty much the same thing, just located in Denver.

The main reason I'm looking at Wyoming Tech is because they don't just focus on working on newer vehicles. For instance, one three month class they offer is chassis fabrication and high performance engines. I'm not doing this to become a mechanic at a dealership. Are there any other schools that focus on building cars or high performance engines? Thanks, Brandon

My mom got me interested in wyo tech recently. She said one of the women she works with has a son who graduated there in 10 months. Now, he works for a lexus dealership making $30+ per hour. Her words were he makes more than me and she pulls almost $30 as a nurse. I thought about it. I like workin on cars, and i'm gettin tired of alarms and soundsystem installing.

I currently go to New England Tech in the automotive technician course. You get an AS degree here in 18 months. Better than just a diploma from some other tech schools.

One of my friends recently graduated from there and is making some serious coin at a BMW dealer in CA.

WYO Tech

I dont have any personal knowledge of the school but my youngest brother went there and really liked it. He then went to a Honda dealer in Arizona. He now ownes his own shop in Houston and is doing really well. One piece of advice though is to really learn driveabilty

Back