Porting Heads

35th Annv 5 sp

Porting Heads and upgrades

I just buy a 1990 T-Bird SC. This is my second one, (other is a 92 Sport) and I wanted to know who know someone who can port the cylinder heads. I'm in the process of replacing the head gasket ( just to be on the safe side). The car only has 115k on it. Can anyone recommend any other upgrades while I basic have the engine apart. I going to replace the harominic Balancer with a BHJ one, underdrive pulleys, hopefully mid-length header from kooks and custom exhaust. I am looking to get roughly about 350hp's if possible. i am still a little new when it come to dealing with the SC's (I was going to put a 5.0 but because it's a annv edition, and a 5 sp, I want to keep the 3.8SC. Also does anyone make an aftermarket camshaft for our cars.

If you have a successful way to reach my hp figure please let me know.

Last edited:
Well, lets ask you a few questions before trying to answer yours. Is your HP goal at the crank or rear wheels? Will this be a primarily street driven car with occasional track use or strictly track? What kind of budget are you working on? Some more details will certainly aid in answering your question.

Paul

This is only go to be a street car, and I figure 350 at the wheels would be nice. I set a pretty high budget, because from what i've heard a lot of thing have to be custom made.

Other options include:

Tom Morana
BlkSC (search for him in the for sale boards)
Powerheads
RGR on V6Power.net

Back