PDA

View Full Version : San Diego area crew...we need some info...

RonzSC
05-01-2002, 12:39 AM
We are gathering at the Carlsbad drag strip on the 22nd of June.
As always, the gathering is to race and to have a general "get-together".
Some of us will be coming from up north and may elect to come in Friday night so that we might be fresh and can get to the track bright and early.
I have asked before and not had any success in getting results, but what the heck, I'll try again.
We need the following;
1. some lodging suggestions for the track area,

2. Some suggestion on the after drag meeting place. Perhaps we can go to a beach site for a picnic or perhaps a local family style eatery where we can bring our families and kids,

3. Locate a place where we can gather at the drags and possibly all pit together. A POINT man would be great also to coordinate our arrive time and dispersal.
What do you say guys, can we get some data back to the clan?
We want a good meet with alot of the group participating that way returning to San Diego will become a real part of how we do business in the Chapter.
I'm crossing my fingers.
Thanks

TBKHomeworld
05-01-2002, 12:41 AM
Well, I wasn't gonna go look because Mike said his Mustang friend lived RIGHT beside it. If my services are needed I"ll head over there this weekend (possibly next...all depends on how reassembly of my baby goes) and get some information on all of it.

Mike, if your friend isn't able to make it, just let me know.

NOTE: Remember, I'm new to this area....so I'm probably not the best pick for this if we have someone else in the area.

RonzSC
05-01-2002, 01:28 AM
TBK...I hear you. If you need some help, let us know and we will make some additional arrangements...OK?

TBKHomeworld
05-01-2002, 01:38 AM
Well, I'll wait and see what Mike has to say. If his friend is too busy I'll cruise over there and check it all out. I'll get some local hotel info, try and find a BIG place we can stop and get some grub/talk at the end.

Question: Is everyone wanting to be at a 'bar'? I, personally, don't drink....that doesn't mean no one else can. If we do this...just PLEASE be careful.....we don't need a dead member on our hands!

RonzSC
05-01-2002, 01:43 AM
I believe a family oriented place would be more appropriate. Inasmuch as all kids are welcome the consumption of alcohol would not be acceptable to some of the mom's and dad's.
In California many family places do serve all kinds of beverages.

35th SC
05-01-2002, 08:11 PM
Hey guys,

I will call my bro-in-law tonight. He just happens to be the Chief Engineer of a Marriot hotel near the track. I will see if he can get us a good deal on rooms.

Mike

RonzSC
05-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Mike....Oh yeah!!!!!
That's what I'm talking about.
Good job.

35th SC
05-01-2002, 09:29 PM
I just talked to my bro-in-law, he said he could get us a group rate at the Courtyard by Marriot, about 5 mins. from the track. He is checking prices and I should know by Fri. It is for the evening of the 21st (June), correct? I will need to know how many rooms etc. We are also checking parks and beaches in the area for after the event. Would you all rather be at a park or at the beach, barbeque or a restaurant? There are numerous places in Carlsbad to go. With Bill (my bro-in-law) doing some of the leg work, we will have to put up with his Mustang at Carlsbad! It's alright though, it runs low to mid 13's.

Mike

RonzSC
05-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Now we're rollin'!
Can you post an inquiry on the people needing a room?
For sure count me in for one. Four adults and one 3 year old.

TBKHomeworld
05-02-2002, 12:17 AM
Mike,

Sounds good. Let me know all the details and I'll put them up on the website. :-)

klsoneSC
05-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Hey guys, I live 5 minutes from the raceway and could scope out anything ya'll want me to. I don't know where the group room thing at the Courtyard, but there are a TON of small motels/ inns on Highway 101 in Leucadia (~10 mins from track) that may be cheaper than a larger hotel but I dont really know the prices at any hotels. I drive down 101 all the time so I could look at all the inns for prices. As for the post track meet, Moonlight and South Carlsbad (ponto) beaches are perfect for a group to meet at and there are about 5 other really nice beaches down the road. There are a number of open parks around the track in San Marcos, Carlsbad and Encinitas, but it sounds like ya'll want the beach. Please email me or reply to the thread if you want more info on the surroundings of the Carlsbad raceway, I'm happy to help with this meet since it is in my backyard and it will probably be the first SC meet I go to!!! See ya'll later!

RonzSC
05-04-2002, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the offer.
We'll take y ou up on that gives us some good info on whatever you come with.
Could I ask you to coordinate with TBK? He is the point man down there and is pulling in all the loose strings to make this a happening.
You can e-mail him and he will get back to you.

TBKHomeworld
05-04-2002, 01:27 PM
Sounds like we should get together and check the place out. You probably know a lot more than I do about it. We might do good to get Mike's bud in on this too....all three of us meet together. Besides, we could all do burnouts in the parking lot. :-)

What is a good time for you?

Mike, what's a good time for your bud?

klsoneSC
05-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Cool, well Im in school right now but I got to Palomar College which is 5 minutes away from the track and i'm out at 12:30 on TTh and 3:30 MW. Fri. im out at 12 so that might be tha best time. Lemme know what ya'll wanna do. The place around tha strip is 99% dirt and the roads are pretty bumpy, just so you know =) I have never actually been inside tha place, I just go watch races with binoculars so I dont know prices and whatnot. Anyway, reply or email me.

klsone@hotmail.com

TBKHomeworld
05-04-2002, 11:48 PM
Well, it'll have to be the weekend for me. Maybe this coming weekend (unless the wife has something to say about it).

Mandis Tbird
05-05-2002, 09:28 AM
So June 22nd? I would like to attend, but not race of course. =0) I will go for support!

Mandi =0)

klsoneSC
05-05-2002, 01:33 PM
Weekend is ok for me. lemme know whats up.

RonzSC
05-16-2002, 03:53 PM
How are we doing on getting the info?
Mike?
TBK?