Does anyone find the Haynes book sucks for SC's

metalman

I am rebuilding my motor in my backyard now and I am using the Haynes book for reference. I find when it shows bolt patterns, for example in the timing chain cover) It seems very wrong for the SC when showing V6 patterns (not SC specific)-Showing stud bolts where it should be bolts, and showing studs where they don't make any sense.

They don't have any real pictures of SC parts, just drawings. And some information I am finding just plain wrong-Motor mount diagram and bolts placement specs to name a couple.

Thoughts?

Metalman

Haynes is better than nothing, but not by much. Same for both of my cars. Nice to have sites like this, good info was a lot harder to come by before the internet.

yeah, they do kinda suck, but thankfully I got a factory service, it's helpful but can also suck at times.

the best info you can get is from others that have been there and done that.

I've got a Ford service manual that's about the size of a big city phone book and I hate it...at least with Haynes (what I use more often) you can find what your looking for pretty fast and it doesn't constantly refer you to some special ford procedure or tool.

Yeah it's got a few errors, but I'll keep it over the Ford manual.

David

I felt that both the haynes and chiltons guide had very little reference to the sc setup. They were inacurate and disappointing. I picked up the 95 year service cd that the dealer uses. Very helpful and fast. Doesn't cover everything, but covers enough. I bought mine on ebay for about $20 shipped.

Back