how do you get water in the engine?

Scott-Atah

K i'm near snapping stage....i had my engine rebuilt about year and a half ago...maybe not even...had multiple problems in the rebuilding stages, the guys couldn't get the car working, ended up rebuilding the transmission once during then...and since then i've been nothing but nice to the car in general and the transmission.

I've had a few probs here n there....but i've been ok. Today i go in for an oil change, he informs me about multiple leaks underneath-thats ok the car has 235,000km on it total. Then he tells me there's water in the oil...so ok we do a flush...he says most of it came out, but not all of it, you're pretty much gonna be gettin a new engine. You'll be lucky if you make it thru winter. And now what the hell. How does water even get into your engine? He weas also nice enough to inform me coolant is leaking into the engine-which well i have no idea how bad of a thing that is...but how does this all even happen?arg!

water/coolant same thing, same place. its probably one of your headgaskets. Especially if its coolant. Make sure you get top quality headgaskets next time. Are you pushing to much p.s.i. boost?

Ok, first, it sounds like he is pretty clueless himself so erase everything he said to you from your head. If it was just one of those oil change places, most of those guys work there because they can manage to unscrew a oil drain plug and filter and figure out how to pour oil back in. As far as anything else, :rolleyes: Do you feel anything different or see any changes in your car. Temp, missing, water coming out of pipe, anything? If not, don't stress until you notice something yourself. If you really want to check it out, you can go have a leak down test to make sure.

twas just an oil change place...he was showing me the oil as if i can tell that there's water in there or something gah

I've already done the headgaskets once.....used felpro and all the good expensive ****.....and well when that went it went pretty quick....smoke out the back and everything. To me the car seems to drive pretty well fine. The only problems i know of....are an air leak somewhere deep in the engine (behind cylinder #5 or something buddy at shop said although he couldn't say exactly without takin half the engine apart) that causes it to idle a lil funny at times....but other than that....the car's been pretty well fine, that i've noticed

car seems to drive fine....it didn't blow hot air unless i was moving a bit back...but i added some coolant and that fixed her up...no missing at all or anything like that....boost...well i never really step on it anymore unless i'm on the highway but i wouldn't say it's abnormally high or anything

Last edited:
Back