Adjustment in the rear for alignment?

Boostman23

I was wonderinf ig anyone has ran into the problem of not being able to adjust the rear enough to stop wearing the insides of the tires? I am lower with H&R sprins and riding on 18" rims with 245 on them, and I can not keep it from wearing the inside of the tires out?

Any help would be great.

The alignment shop said that the rear is within specs, but if you look at the car the tires are tilted in at the top of the tire.

If you can visibly see that they are negative camber then the machine would see it too and I would take it to another alignment shop. You need your camber adjusted and maybe rear toe depending on how your tires are wearing.

Take it to another alignment shop. I've had more than one shop over the years say things like, "The rear is not adjustable", or "You have to order a special adapter kit to fix the camber in the back", or "It's within spec", (even like you say you can see it's not), etc. All not true. I think that some of them are just lazy because it can take some work, and some muscle to adjust those rusty bolts in the back. They don't want to spend an hour figuring it out, but it is fully adjustable.

Oops, just realized you have a different problem in regards to your car being lowered, I was referring to a stock SC.

Last edited:
I would measure the Camber myself and then bring that with to a new shop to tell them what you see as the problem.

Camber:
Camber is the top/bottom tilt of the tire as viewed from the front. You want camber from between 0* and 1/2* negative (which means the top of the tire is tilted in). If you are using a level, you will hold it vertically touching the rim top and bottom - for each 1/8" you move the level away from the RIM (not tire), you have 1/2 degree. If you move the TOP of the level away from the rim, that is NEGATIVE camber. If you move the BOTTOM of the level away from the rim, that is POSITIVE camber. SO, you will want the RIM to be somewhere between EXACTLY vertical, and tilted IN 1/8" at the top.

Back