Importing A Car To Canada? Help!

Diggs

Ok, I don't own a SC yet but plan to get one as soon as I get back. But.....I have been monitering this forum for a while now and , as crazy as it sounds, I think this would be a good place to get advice. So here is my problem...........

I am in Dallas visiting my mom and i found a really good deal on a 1996 Volvo (no jokes) and would like to bring it back to Vancouver. I plan to leave in early Dec but the registration expires on Dec 1st. I have been to a website called www.riv.ca and it tells me all i need is a recal clearence letter, the title, the registration and a sales reciept. Being a canadian i have no idea how the title and registration system down here works so I am asking you guys. Does the title have to be in my name or does it just come with the car? and how long when I register the car for next month is it going to take to get the window sticker?

Any thoughts on this from someone who has done this before or anybody that can help would be greatly apreciated! Thanks.

It will also have to meet Canadian standards.
For eg. in Canada it would have to have daytime running lights.
I would call Canada customs and ask them how to do it, what's required etc.

There is actually a list of cars that are admisable to Canada from the U.S. and mine is on it, thanks though.

Back