TPS Ques

Black92SC

i was having a problem with my tps about a week ago, and i had it fixed....then right after that i got a 75mm TB and put it on and just lately it started doing the same thing it was doing before the new tps got put in (rpm's jumping up and down & check engine light coming on).....my question is there is a little plastic gromet looking thing the goes between the Tb and TPS....i tried to use the one that came with the TB but it seemed to be too big....so i just used the one that was in my stock TB.....could this be a cause of a problem or would it be something that wouldn't make a difference????

The only plastic grommet that I'm aware of around that area is the one that attaches the tv cable to the tb. The first thing you should do is check the voltage reading for the tps using a volt meter. It should be at .94-.96 volts koeo. You may have to drill out slots in the tps in order to adjust the tps into a position where it will read in that voltage range.

Try unplugging the tps and then start the car and see how it idles, to determine if the tps is the culprit.

Back