kind of a stupid question

A 10% will spin you blower faster and create more boost. Therefore you will get more power out of it. But it will also increase the pressure on your headgaskets, and it will cause the supercharged air to heat up faster. Those last two things are not helpful.

A 5% will spin the blower faster than stock, but not as fast as a 10%. Air temps won't heat up as fast, and less pressure on the headgskets.

So if you have your exhaust opened up completely and are confident of your headgaskets, and you have additional cooling capacity (double I/C, I/C fan, FMIC, etc.) a 10% would be fine.

If not, you might be better off with a 5%!

No such thing....

There is NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION!!!! Only stupid people who DON'T ask questions....

Joe's answer is correct. On a stock SC, spinning the blower faster is ok as long as exhaust is opened up. The stock exhaust is VERY restrictive and even under normal boost (stock) the exhaust is marginal. I would recommend that exhaust be done first, at least cat-back to relieve back pressure, then go with 5%. I have full exhaust on my 91 with cold air intake and stock pulley and am VERY HAPPY with performance on it. 210 rwhp and 320 rwt is not bad for a stock SC....

Good luck,

Any questions, ASK THEM...that's the reason the club is here.....

when you have a chance, join up $15 dollars will be the best investment you EVER made into your SC.

Don

President of the NJTACC and Current member SCCOA

Thanks guys! That seriously helped alot. Hey Lube, do you have the SCP exhaust or one you put together?

Thanks again!

I acually do plan on buying a membership but I just turned 16 and can drive. In the process of getting a job.

I have a .........

My exhaust is custom that I put together. I can give you the items on mine if interested. Just e-mail me......at Lube70@aol.com if you need more info...

Don

Back