HELP on blower

marine2111

this is just one of many problems with my 89sc. . the blower is making a bad noise. i think its about to give out. im not pulling my hair out cause i have the blower from the blown motor i replaced 6 yrs ago. ? is i think the problem is the snout, if so can i replace it with out having to take the blower out. if so please tell me how.

the snout on the blower probably needs to be rebuilt, thats why its making that noise. Magnum powers rebuilds superchargers for around 3-4 hundred. The easiest thing to do would be to put on your other blower from your other engine. The supercharger is pretty easy to take off, only 3 bolts hold it on.

Hi, I just replaces the head gaskets on my 93 a few weeks ago and I thought that the super chager was pretty easy to remove. If I remember correctly the only tube that needs to be removed is the top one with the spanner nut. That is not hard to pull off with an over sized oil filter wrench with open end, "Kinda like a circular set of channel locks". Use a peace of cloth to protect the materal. Disconnect the throttle cables & plate as well as all vacum lines going to it. Oh and don't forget about the belt. after that there is only 3 bolts holding it on, "one big one on the front by the snout and one on either side. Not to bad tough. I hope this helped. Just make sure that you use anti- seze on the threads of the spanner nut and use a sealing compound or gasket on the tube connection when reinstalling, Good luck and God bless.

you dont even need to take the spanner nut off. you can either remove the sc top (4 bolts) or you can just disconnect the tube by the intercooler (2bolts).

Not a real bad job to do, I found it easier to pull the whole inlet assembly off, there are 4 bolts on the back of the sc to the inlet that seem like a pain with it in the car. You have 3 bolts on the sc it self (one on each side and one next to the snout) 3 at the base of the inlet and 4 on top of the sc also. That being an 89 you'll have to fight the EGR tube to do it this way... I ended up breaking mine but it was pretty well rusted, prolly broke long before that. If you can get to the 4 bolts on the back that'd be the way to go but they seemed a bit of a pain.

thanks for the help. aim driving my wife nuts on this car . iam having a lot of problems with this car but she knows i will never get rid of it. besides it is not my primairy car any more so im able to work on it when i have the money

Back