Spent the day drifting!!!

lessonintorque

Im so excited, I spent almost all of yesterday and half of today drifting cars on some awesome roads in Maryland, just got home about an hour ago. I went up for a wedding and spent almost all of my time drifting my cousins cars (Nissan s13 silvia, and a rx-7 fcs3 turbo) And man I miss Maryland so much!!! The hills and turns were so beautiful, I wasnt old enough to play with high horse power cars when I lived there but now I am and holy crap that was awesome!!! Ill post pics as soon as they get devolped. There is NOTHING like sliding sideways at 55mph and being in control, So Ive decided to keep my sc for the sheer torque but im buying a wrx I need a high reving light *** turbo car again. I know alot of you fella are ford guys and love drag racing but this weekend Reminded me of how fun fient drifting and a good session of power over cornering can make you want to explode from excitement and want to s#!t yourself all at once!:D If youve never tried anything but a staight line you aought to, soooo much fun!!!!
Mike:eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

It's gonna take more to drift that WRX than say an S14/S15 or FC/FD RX7 the AWD will get you through the corners without drifting but where's the fun in that ;) if you're spending that much why not try and find a GT-R32 or an FD? they can be had for about the same price... granted they're older but how many people have em? You might even be able to find a Supra down that low if you look hard.

Ok Ive owned 3 rotaries and Im not going back for a while its old hat and Ill miss it soon enough and get another rx-7, besides Ive spent enough on rx-7 performance to buy a r-32 and a supra. But im really very interested by the imprezza, its just so well balanced overall, Ive never owned a boxer engine. And yes Its entirely posible to drift a wrx or evo or skyline, it takes a little more ponies under the hood and someone who isnt afraid to beat on their car, Ill get the ponies for the hood and I have no reservation on beating the hell out of a car I just spent 19g's on Im stupid like that. :rolleyes: :D :eek: Im actually relatively new to straight line stuff(drag racing), I went to high school in okinawa and over there if your not willing to wreck your car trying dumb s#!t sideways you werent really cool and well, boys will be boys so thats the tale of my 1st rx-7 (83 gs). I know that the wrx will be harder over all but hey isnt that what its all about? getting better? And besides what the worst that could happen?...:confused: :eek: :eek: :( Oh no!!! ahhh!!! (famous last words of drifters that never made it famous)
Mike

YES!

there is nothing like sliding around the corner with nothing but the front tires gripping...*sigh* i was going to do that today as well...but i woke up to find snow on the ground, and the roads closed on base....famous last words for a drifter were "yeah buddy, get some, get some!" curb approaching fast, "Oh ***** a curb!" well thats how it was for me and my skyline when i was in okinawa...

stephen

i dunno about ishikawa hill, little to crazy for me...my buddy wrecked his r32 gtr powered cefiro there...rolled his car on one of the turns...but i do like Awase and Aja, with a little bit of Seniga (before they closed it)

stephen

Yeah I've been looking into getting a daily driver but one of my requirments is RWD or AWD so I've been looking into mostly the S13/S14's and Early Corrola's and the Starion/Conquest Tsi's. Can't wait to take it on some of the twisties.

If your asking if my Drift session a couple of days ago was on the road yes, but they are very far back in the STICKS and we usually bring someone to watch for cars from about a half mile up the road. We also hit up an old closed down mall at night its a really fun spot. Im not a bastard with no disregard for the safety of the public, I maybe breaking the law but im not crazy. I do what I do cuz its fun, but the place we went drifting there are literally no cars or houses for miles. Now down home in florida we go to sebring and tear up our cars on the track(250$ a day!) but up north we do it the old fashioned way on some back A$$ road that we might see one redneck on in an hour and the only thing at risk is our own necks and our cars.:confused: Its fun but when I put it that way I guess its not the smartest:p :D

Rookie, I suggest the Conquest/Starion. I've owned a couple, but never got to fixing them up. My brother has one now that's easily running low 13's, with under $3K invested. Those are some bad a$$ cars, and no one knows what they are. I personally can't afford to do the drifting thing, but would be willing to ride with someone doing it (C;

Jake

Yeah I've been looking into getting a daily driver but one of my requirments is RWD or AWD so I've been looking into mostly the S13/S14's and Early Corrola's and the Starion/Conquest Tsi's. Can't wait to take it on some of the twisties.

What type of Corolla? I hope you say the 86 GTS with the 4AGE motor, 5 spd, and posi rear end...not beautiful by any standard, but can get out of its weight very easily.

Oh yeah K@t did you ever go to mainland much?

not really, i was there a couple of times in Osaka, and to enlist, i went to yakota...i tried to get lost while there...damn my navigational skills...:p im still trying to get back to okinawa. but you know how it is in the military, they wont send you there unless you dont want to go...:rolleyes:

stephen

89SCK@t said:
What type of Corolla? I hope you say the 86 GTS with the 4AGE motor, 5 spd, and posi rear end...not beautiful by any standard, but can get out of its weight very easily.

stephen

Of course :) wouldn't expect anything less... But I think I'm gonna go with the Conquest... found one for 2k that just had the turbo replaced and the head done.

Of course wouldn't expect anything less... But I think I'm gonna go with the Conquest... found one for 2k that just had the turbo replaced and the head done.

You know you want to go with the corolla...dig deep in you heart, its calling for the corolla....oh wait, thats my heart screaming for the corolla...

on another note...you could get the car, spend about 4-5 grand on it, an it would be one bad motherjumper..

stephen

[
I personally can't afford to do the drifting thing, but would be willing to ride with someone doing it (C;

Jake [/B][/QUOTE]
Where do you Live? Ill take you for a ride that will test the three words "5 point harness" Most of my friends wont ever ride with me when I get that look in my eye.:eek: :D

Back