95- Are Headlight Controls Illuminated?

cp308

Someone with a 94 or 95, please tell me if your Headlight control panel lights up at night. Mine doesn't and I think it should... This is the item I'm talking about-

Attachments

• headlightswitchpanel.jpg
    headlightswitchpanel.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 157
control panel

i have a 94 5-speed and my control panel doesnt have both knobs like your picture shows. mine only has the dim control on the left and not the auto control on the right. p.s. they dont light up. art

Thanks for the replies. I guess it's good that mine isn't broken, but it's kind of strange that the panel isn't illuminated like the rest of the controls. Especially since these are exactly the controls you most need to be lit up when it's dark :)

Well.. they would not be lit before the lights were turned on. So the panel would be dark before turning the switch. I guess they thought illuminating that panel would be redundant.

Maybe that was their thinking. But the time I want to adjust the auto headlight stay on time, or the gauge illumination level, or turn off the headlights or parking lights is when it is dark and the headlights are allready on.... Oh well, a small over sight in any case. The rest of the car seems to be very well thought out. And I guess after I've owned it for more than 2 weeks, I will know where the controls are without needing illumination.

I've always thought it was kinda dumb that they're not illuminated. They were on pretty much every other car I've ever owned, so why not T-Birds?????

I was thinking about getting the auto dim panel from another wrecked Ford, but I wasn't sure what model has the auto dim with backlighting....anyone know?

Well, now you know they're not illuminated from factory, but i saw one guy on the tccoa boards that drilled two little holes behind the knob and put two green led's and hooked them up to the lights, so whenever his lights were on the circle around the knob would light up. Looked like factory lighting too, really nice.

I might have to try this myself. It should be very easy, since I could pick up the juce right at the "Panel Dim" control, then the new lights would dim with all the others....

If I pull it off, I will post pictures showing how I did it.

Back