Interesting email floating around

Here's the text to save a click:

Words from a Ford employee...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It amazes me how Ford can't keep pictures off the internet. Just takes a few mad ex-employees to get the pink slip and start giving out information on future products.

That's the real deal. It has the V6 wheels on it. The GT's are different.

How many would buy the new 05 GT if it came with the following powertrain? This is just a hypothetical question.

Had a 4.6L 3V, VCT 300HP.

Weighed in at 3,800+lbs. GT trim.

Had drive by wire ETC-Electronic throttle control.

New torque based strategy that would not allow mods that increased torque. If you did it would put the car in FAILSAFE drive condition.

That means going to the dealer and having them reset the PCM.

A PCM with no chip port like on the new 04 F150.

That also means the tuners and chip suppliers are going to have to work to decode a all new calibration. That is going to take time to decode and offer a reflash to change the torque tables in the strategy for mods.

Ford's upper management really F'd this one up. 75% of the GT buyers mod or customize their mustangs.

Imagine buying the new 05 and not being able to add a performance exhaust or add any part that increases torque.

They messed up a good thing. We make it look fast, add a second intake valve and VCT and the management blows it by adding a crappy ETC and a strategy not mod friendly. The 03/04 Machs are still faster in the 1/4. The new manual trans stinks also...

You can bet they aren't going to have that information in their brochures.

I will keep my current Mustang. At least I can still do the basic backyard mechanic stuff and be happy I can customize what I pay for....

Bill Ford hasn't a clue that his management has messed this car up. What if the car has a two piece drive shaft like the Lincoln LS?

75% of the customers that buy the GT's like to customize their mustangs. Ford management is out of touch with the public, and this will soon be evident.

Management only likes to see pie charts and numbers. They don't get on here or go to mustang meets to talk to the loyal Mustang owners. The Cheif Engineer and her Boss haven't a clue what the mustang enthusiast is about.

The 05 Mustang would have been so much better if they would have let the engineers run with the project. Instead they made them build a car with one arm tied behind their backs...They wanted it to be as fast as the Mach's.

This Chief engineer in charge of the 05 Mustang has Micro-Managed the Powertrain departments to the point that nothing is getting done. They are just spinning their wheels, not enough people and to much work falling off the tables due to job cuts.

People are being let go to save $$$. Ford will be paying double the cost on warranty repairs down the road.

Those of you that have your Mach's, keep them. It's the best N/A Mustang we ever built. The new 05 will handle. When the new Camaro SS hit's the street it's going to kick the 05 GT's azz...

300HP 4.6L in a heavier mustang isn't going to cut it. Looks only go so far on the street. "Race on Sunday, Buy on Monday."

I'm a Ford man thru & thru and it pains me to see what Managements decisions are doing to the company. This car could have been a great contender on the track and street.

POST3:
This is just a hypothetical response. I'm bound by a confidentiality agreement. I need my job. I hope they let me go. I can't stand this place any longer...

a.) The Powertrain Calibration Chief Engineer for the 05 Mustang is a Woman. I don't need to list her name. She is in charge of small & large V6, V8 North American car and truck powertrain calibration organization.

B.) I was in the same building along with the Mustang calibration engineers. Now moved. Might not be here much longer. Ford will be letting more people go so upper management could get their bonus and raises. It was "let people go, or get nothing at the end of the year." Is what I heard. Makes sense to let the workers go so the money is there to keep the management employed.

C.) Longer wheel base = more body metal. Larger axle housing with rear pan hard bar. Two piece steel drive shaft like on the LS. Added engine weight due to newly designed components. Interior sound deadning. Auto trans is worst case, heavier than the Manual trans.

D.) It's not the same trans that's in the 03/04 Mach or cobra. 6 speed? The shifter in the manual feels like crap. JMHO...

Yep many a good company gets messed up with college educated management types who know nothing of the industry they are in. Also sounds like more Govt. regulation ahead to control things. Looks like Mustang and F150 will lead the pack. We have regulated, or insured the American Auto maker out of business. You can't sell this junk to foreign countries. No wonder the foreign car makers can sell here. They have a base car in their own country with a better engine et all. We are out of luck. Therefore I may go buy more junker SCs and old muscle cars as I build my shop to build my own cars. Disapointing, I was hoping to replace my wife's GT with a 05 type some year. Forget anything new then. And Toyota in NASCAR. I just hate seeing an old man my age drive those new V8 Toyota trucks. Build my own old Ford.

I saw this was originally from another BBS, so I found it to read in context.

Mach1Registry

Personally, the guy sounds like a crybaby. Ford would be better off without him. If word gets out on who he is, and he gets canned from Ford, he might as well start delivering Pizza's, no one else in the Motor City wants someone like that on the payroll.

I don't think he has as much inside iformation as he is letting on. It reads like he is just repeating what he has overheard, or was told second hand.

It is obvious to me that he isn't really on the Mustang project, he seems pretty out of touch.

I wouldn't worry too much about his doom and gloom predictions either. It reminds me very much of what was being said around 1984, when the Mustang was going to (GASP) fuel injection! Remember "Oh No! Performance is dead, no more Carbs!" Most of those posts could be shown to be either BS, or the parts that are fact, nothing for performance fans to worry about.

Back