Failed smog on NOx gasses under load only? HELP

klsoneSC

I failed smog on the NOx gas, but only under load. I drive a 1991. I am in auto shop and have done a compression test on 4,5,6 cylinders. My teacher is totally stumped!!! I got a top end combustion chamber cleaning and fuel injector cleaning (which my teacher thought would help), but that did not help. I have one year old cats and oxygen sensors, so that should not be the problem. I have the Kooks headers/ high flow cats and downtubes and the SCP cat back system. I also have a 10% OD pulley installed on the SC. The lattest suggestion made by my teacher is to put the stock pulley back on because the compression may have been changed. I don't have any other major mods. Im in california, and everything else passed except the NOx gas. Any other ideas or suggestions on where else to look??? PLEASE HELP ME, I need to get this fixed ASAP!!!

hey man i live in sandiego also, and work at a shop ware we smog cars if you can post the readings maybe i can help you out and also do yuo have to go to a test only station or a regular station , hope i can help you im thinking of bying a sc to so post them results and hopefully i can help you out.

hey! Whats up!!! I passed on every test except NOx at 15mph and 25mph. Nox is good at idle but with load it goes up past 1500.

Last edited:
In Massachusetts

the state is considering suspending the California like emissions check because it was discovered that it depends on who is running the emission sniffer machine Weather your car passes or fails something like a 10% +or- which this states watch dogs are saying it is to much a variable to be fair to the consumer maybe cali testing is screwy like mass is they just have not caught it yet!

Auto Zone

AZ sells some stuff in a can, that says it's guaranteed to make you pass your emissions test. It worked for PDiddy. I saw the stuff there when I was getting my car ready for winter. Just go to AZ & ask'em about it.

68COUGAR

i will need to see the other parts of the readings to help figure out what is wrong man,post them up and maybe i can help

Back