what kind of SC fluid should i use, where to get?

GM carries a cheaper sc fluid. I believe it takes 2 bottles to fill it (Havent had to do this yet just what I've read) the part number for it is 12345982 (off of the part number listing in the FAQs section ;) )

The GM flouid is not the same as the Ford fluid it is not synthetic and must be changed twice as often as the OEM product.

I wouldn't use GM or the Ford fluids. The best fluid you can use is the BP2380 TURBO OIL. It is also CHEAP! You can buy it from
www.oil-store.com for 7 bucks a quart. You should be able to fill up your supercharger about 5 or six times with that. It can handle higher RMP's and has an anti-foaming agent in it. It is designed for Jet engines. Just go to the website and click on aviation oils.:D

What you talkin about Blown North?? Ive read on this forum many times to use the GM fluid because it is exactly the same as the Ford fluid but cheaper!!! And it is synthetic. Where do you git yer information from?

Correct me if Im wrong people!!!:D

yUk YuK!!!:cool:

Sombody is smoking crack. The GM fluid and the Ford fluid are the same. Eaton makes both superchargers and it makes no diff. which one is used. Besides when are you supposed to "change the fluid" anyway??? Last I checked the fluid has no change interval.

Jeff

MY guess: Eaton first thought the SC's would last the lifetime of the vehicle. Now 14+ years of M90 bearing and snout repairs between Ford and Gm models, they may have changed their maintenance schedules and fluid formulation. Maybe the GM fluid has more cleansing agents and requires routine changes Who knows? .... :D

Anyways, Use the GM fluid or get the BP2380 turbine fluid.
:D

I saw this thread and could not resist.

I'm not the first to mention that General Motors is a cheaper product but it is price and so is the fluid. Just like are transmissions that call for DEX MERCON 2 but is no longer available. The Ford fluid is better does cost more and will last longer and smells like ****.

Do a search.

Once again Mike38sc was kind enough to point out the reasons and why . It appears the there are some ingredients missing from the GM product.. I also think that the trans fluid put in by the the dealer was also ment to last the life of the car. MERC 3 and above is a cheaper product but will work .

Last edited:
Posted by Mike 38sc

"I have talked to Eaton about this and the 2 oils are 1 and the same. The mystery comes about because Eaton will not tell what the oil is or who makes it. They would not tell me that either.
Jet turbine engine oil is the same if not better."

"The key word in all that mumbo jumbo is "Ester". Ester is the base stock of ALL synthetic oils as Ester is a synthetic compound itself.

By the way....Share with us where you got those oil recipe's from, I'd like to take a look at the info."

Both of these quotes are in the same thread about what sc fluid should I use.

So why don't you post a link or something, I am not going through 36 pages of Mikes posts to find this info.

Jeff

Oh here is the link of the post I found.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37538

Back