New Fastest SC - 11.028/123.85

Turbo351

Quote from Coy Miller's post:

Did not mean to leave anyone in suspense, have been having problems with our server. We have not reached our goal yet but did run some 11.0s in testing, one of which was a 11.028 @ 123.85 mph. I will post more on this and the other issues soon.

...Very impressive!!!

Umm, so I guess Greg is going to start telling us all that he's sending his motor down to Coy this Winter for the big build-up?! ;)

Cheers,

Sean

I remember when Greg was first talking about doing his motor....."I wanna CMRE. I'm gonna get one." I have a feeling that's what he'll end up with. I don't think he'll do a worked/blown 5.0 or even a big block conversion........too much hassle and too much money. I'll put my money on a CMRE in Greg's car over the winter or early spring.;)

11.0......gulp! He's got enough, and then some. Hey, Coy, wanna share? - LOL!

Awesome !!

Just a tiny bit away from the first known 10 second SC. :eek:

Looks like Wayne really has his work cut out for him now, the target keeps moving !!

cheers
Ed N.

Some interesting calculations from Stangnet.

1. Where I'm at.

Horsepower Based On 1/4-Mile E.T.
Your Thunderbird which weighs about 4300 pounds should complete the 1/4-Mile in about 12.2 seconds, if you can produce about 468.03 HP at the wheels, or about 608.44 HP at the flywheel.

2. To go 10's.

Your Thunderbird which weighs about 4300 pounds should complete the 1/4-Mile in about 10.9 seconds, if you can produce about 656.26 HP at the wheels, or about 853.14 HP at the flywheel.

3. If my car weighed 3100lbs.

Your Thunderbird which weighs about 3100 pounds should complete the 1/4-Mile in about 10.9 seconds, if you can produce about 473.12 HP at the wheels, or about 615.05 HP at the flywheel.

4. Anyone got a plasma torch I can borrow? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lets do it Greg but I think we might be better off with something other then a coy build up;);) as well we can help you find 3 :) at the track.
It would be nice to know what coy has done but we know that will never be posted. I guess when you get a one off Magan port blower you one step better then others.:)

I should learn to keep my mouth shut,act and talk latter.But if I dont speak up then I wont learn about other new and better things.:D

No Offence Meant

Looks like Wayne really has his work cut out for him now, the target keeps moving !!

While I appreciate the work done to Waynes car, and would love to do a similar thing to an SC but, Wayne doesn't really have an SC anymore. If I decided to put a TC setup in my car, then it's not an SC anymore. Or if Mark Jones puts skirts on his, that doesn't make it an SC.

I'm not in the running for fastest, nor do I think I ever will be(requires lots of money which I don't have). I'm just stating a point maybe only my point, but that's what forums are for.

Again, no offence meant.

Kirk, all I meant was that Wayne has more work to do, for his 5.8L V8 with a power adder, to be as fast as the 3.8 V6 with two power adders. Wayne had stated that he would like to be faster than Chris Wise's car, when that was the quickest SC on record.

Now he has to go that much better to be faster than the 6-cyl. guys !! ;)

I agree with you, they certainly can't be compared directly anymore.

cheers
Ed N.

Greg Coleman said:
I should learn to keep my mouth shut,act and talk latter.But if I dont speak up then I wont learn about other new and better things.:D

The first sentence doesn't make sense because of the second sentence. Why keep your mouth shut? You'll never get anywhere with that attitude......and we'd all miss the swearing matches between you and Les - LOL! :D

Soooooooo? CMRE???????? ;)

Re: No Offence Meant

Kirk Bryan said:
Wayne doesn't really have an SC anymore.

No offence taken. In fact, I'll take that as a compliment.

Although I can appreciate the SC purist point of view, I decided a long time ago the 3.8 could not deliver what I wanted. One of the key factors was the horsepower level I wanted to make on pump gas and without nitrous.

As for the car being an SC or not, it's just a chassis to me now. Since it was an SC, the VIN says it's an SC, the rear bumper and steering wheel say SC, I think I'll call it an SC.

Last edited:
I know what Wayne wants for Christmas. A BIGGER TURBO!! Have you been a good boy young man?? HO HO HO :D :D :D Be nice to the joly old fat basterd,I mean fat man maybe you will get one.:D :D :D Come on Wayne I know that thing is capable of 10's.

Last edited:
Back