Liquid Intercooler

Wolfs_Rain

I was wondering if there is much to gain from using a liquid intercooler over a frontmount. I know the liquid would cool better but is it that big of a difference? At first I was thinking about instaling a front mount IC but then a friend suggested that a Air/Liquid would be easier to fit. Anyone familiar with the liquid intercoolers, any opinions on them, good, bad, waste of time and money? Just wondering.

There a little more complicated then Air to Air IC but much better...Water is a better conducter of heat then air so you can get much more efficient air charge temps....Better consistancy..Plus if you use ice water....All the Pro cars use liquid to air with IC's ..Go for it

I would like to do both FMIC and liquid.

The FMIC for daily driving and add the use of the liquid IC with ice for racing.

RANDY

Randy if you run a Liquid to air with enough coolant and a large enough Heat exchanger it will always outperform a Front mount type cooler without the ice even..But I dont see why ya couldnt do that..I think I have something for you to play with over here concerning a liquid IC..Was a project of mine I abandoned. EMail me a shipping Addy and its yours free of charge...Yeha Im a nice guy :O)

I think soon enough I will be going this route of a liquid intercooler. Only questions I got are what do you use as a heat exchanger, and for liquid storage. I figure I can peice a liquid ic together for about $1000, so I may just do so. I just need some feedback on the other details. Anyone know anything about the PWR barrel liquid ic units? Was thinkin about the 4x6 or 4x10 units for the core. I need some feedback on this.

Back