belt tensioners

NJTBIRD89

Hey it time for me to replace two of those tensioners

(e9se6b209-ha, e9se6b209-ka)

anyone know if i can sub them for the Goodyear Accu-tensioners

i called Ford they wanted 150.00 bucks for the new assembly

Last edited:
You can get the metal ones from a 3.8 mustang, which is a metal tensioner and not plastic like the SC's for around $13-15 from Ford. And they are alot quiter than the plastic.

humm

ok, that's something to consider,

now what about the "tensioner pulley" all the bearings and springs that keep things tight... that's black that has the
parts numbers on it and attaches to the idler pulley (which i could get in metal) i need to replace that cuz it's about had it... I put my hand on it as the car was running and i could hear the "Knocking sound as if it was on it's last leg...

I just replaced my harmonic damper, my iac valve and know after 200 mi the car is running a little rough... the damper was not giving me a problem it balanced fine it was after i changed my IAC i started to get some problems.

But i did notice the tensioners acting a lil bit funny but heay they have 146K on them so i think they are telling me to replace them

The Goodyear tensioners look to be application specific and I don't see a listing for the SC:

http://www.goodyearbeltsandhose.com/cars/tensioners.html

You could try a parts place to see if they list tensioners for your car, but Ford is the only place I know for certain that has the whole tensioner. But I have not tried other aftermarket sources, since they last so long. Another option would be to buy used from salvage yards or our own classifieds.

Be sure the supercharger tensioner is correct. The tension for the SC belt is about 10lb the other two tensioners are about 30lb. Unless your tensioner is cracked or broken check the tension using a torque wrench.

Rich

Did you ever find a goodyear replacement.

NT,

DId you ever find an aftermarket Pulley/tensioner for your problem/question?

I need to replace the one on the A/C bracket and the pulley and tensioner are one part and Ford quoted me the same, $155. Curious to find out what you went with.

Blast from the past

It depended on which one you needed, the ones on the passenger sides
upper and lower are the ones that were $150.00 and the One for the Alternator was 110.00

If you call Max @ Five Star Ford in Scottsdale Arizona
1-800-866-1520

Tell Him you are a fellow SCCOA Member and that you know Dave Edwards
from Madison NJ I'm sure he'll take off about 20% the price...it's always good to get the OE stuff especially if the assembly lasted a long as it did.

forcefed95sc said:
You can get the metal ones from a 3.8 mustang, which is a metal tensioner and not plastic like the SC's for around $13-15 from Ford. And they are alot quiter than the plastic.

Where you refering to the plastic pulley 'wheels' here? If so, are there variations in size which needs to be accounted for?

Mine are plastic with 100k on them and make all sorts of racket.. :eek:

Digitalchaos said:
Where you refering to the plastic pulley 'wheels' here? If so, are there variations in size which needs to be accounted for?

Mine are plastic with 100k on them and make all sorts of racket.. :eek:

Just goto Autozone and say you need a pulley for a Thunderbird with the 3.8 sc. They have a direct replacement that is steel and not plastic. Believe me..I have one on as we speak..

Back