stumbling on acceleration reguardless of fuelLevel

turboken

well, sometimes after stopping at a stop sign, when i give it gas (ranging from part throttle to full throttle) it will bog, then take off. seems to run great all other times. the first time it did it, i was low on gas, but recently, it has done it with as much a 3/4 of a tank (13.5 gallons). Please reply if you can help or have heard of this prob. I seem to run into probs. that no on has heard of because i tend to get very few replys. Not like the TurboCoupe board, tho this one looks a lot better! ;-)

thanks guys..(and girls, tho I don't know if there are any on this board)

ken

Last edited:
What octane fuel? When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? How and where does it idle? When you put the K&N filter on, did you put the little rubber hose under the tube back on, both ends? Did you put in new wires & plugs with the HG job, if so what kinds? Good luck

Ok, i run nothing but 93 octane, got new FORD wires and plugs, fuel filter less than 10K miles, Idles smooth, around 600 rpm and I 'think' around 25 inches of vacuum. Don't remember seeing a rubber hose, but the K&N and the head gasket were both done last December, and this problem has only appeared in the last 3 weeks.

Right, I remember the first time I put the K&N in my car there was to much K&N oil getting on the MAF and the car acted up. You should be able to just spray it with intake cleaner without having to take it out and risk damaging it. Good luck

Back