performance halfshafts???

stephens89sc

k i just put 3.55 gears in and new halfshafts.... there a week old and there already **** cause of me pushing the car hard, the grease boots are ***** greas out and they are already making clunking noises WTF are there any stronger ones

and my god damn transmission is **** now to it wont go into gear

stupid **** power, i need an honda

Don't ever compare a Honda to a Bird/SC. My civic is in no way better than a bird, unless you count the 28mpg it gets, without the cat and with the header, full exhaust, and intake. Nothing beats the blower whine, and the feel. My civic is my beater, but it isn't slow, I got some mental issue with having a slow car.

As far as half shafts go, I remember someone suggesting raxles half shafts. I dunno If they are still in business though.

Raxles

Raxles is still in business but Mardi is no longer making his Hi-Po SC and Cobra shafts because Ford cut him off from the supply of CV/Tripod joints. Seems that a competitor was too lazy to grind off the Ford logo on the joints and when Ford found out, they cut everyone off. Mardi used to be able to get the OEM 1-3/16" SC shafts but word has it they're all gone now.

Did you use Re-manufactured shafts? If you did, were they 1" or 1-3/16" shafts? The 1" use smaller joints and aren't really suitable for a modified SC.

I'd call Mardi anyway, maybe he can help you find something better than what you've been using. Or maybe a trip to the local boneyard or the SCCoA and TCCoA classifieds...

Stock axles are fine up to about 400rwhp so I don't know what your problem is but it's not axles.

Stephen you did'nt build so much power into your new engine that its blowing the CV's. The problem probably has something to do with your post about your car not tracking properly since you rebuilt your rear suspension. Did you ever get that problem resolved?

Stephen if you will get that car to an alignment shop I'm sure you'll find the problem. Dont you think its rather odd that you now have this problem after replacing you rear bushings and NOT having the car realigned? I beleive you stated that at highway speeds it felt like the rearend of your car was trying to pass the front end of the car. Are you seeing the relationship here?

Heh a Blown/going/Crappy Half shaft will not cuase a car to Handle or `drift' at all.. Make noise yes.. or even lock up or break

Also the Reman ones man of had cheap *** boots put on them.. return them for another set or get new GOOD boots and repack the ends.. (after cleaning and checking them out)

Also You can always get aftermarket Cobra halfshafts, well the earlier ones with 28 Spine axles... :)

I did'nt say a blown axle would cause his car to drift but since you brought it up yes it damn sure could! I dont think his car would track very straight at all with one axle binding or locking up.
Think before you type. Cobra halfshafts will not work on an MN12 car either, there too short.

the above post wasn't towards you or your reply... it was just something to add...

Ahh well people HAVE used them.. yes they may be at their limits.. but they have been used.. but it's amazing what you can do with the right halfshaft with the right CV joints and boots

I'm `working' (for what VERY little time i do have) on different kinda of halfshaft for these cars.. Saddly they will NOT be cheap..

Sorry then, my bad. Just seemed kinda odd since I was the only one that mentioned his drifting rear end and all. But I'm sorry I must have taken it wrong.
Who's using Cobra axles in there MN12? I'd like to talk to them and see how there doing that. There more than just a little shorter.:) I really would like to know how there doing it.:confused:

Back