transmission help!

95tbird

today i noticed my transmission leaks some oil, i checked under the car and it seems to be missing a little round cover, i saw under my dads f150 and it has it. i want to know if this little cover does anything

Attachments

• pimp.jpg
    pimp.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 169
that little black grommet is simply a cover for inspection purposes if you have tranny work done at a ford dealer, more times than not, your car will come back without that grommet. no fluid is in that vicinity. Have no fear =) But now, your trans fluid leak is odd... i don't see any leaks on the underside of your pan, where it is most common. but if you find it, let me know, because i'm getting a small leak starting too, and it's not from the pan.

look at your lines that go into the rad. I had the same leak but did not notice anything on the floor in my garage becuase the leaking fluid would puddle up on the rubber flap hoopjackdeal that I guess helps direct cool air to engine. Then when I drove the car it would drain out.

well it SHOULDN"T have any fluid in that vicinity, but if it DOES then your front seal is leaking OR you have a cracked torque converter. The trans would have to be removed to replace the front seal, so i would go ahead and remove the pump and replace the gasket or o ring too. Also i have seen 2 AOD's have cracked torque converters, so i'd fill it will fluid and let is sit overnight on clean paper towels, and see if there is fluid on them in the morning.....that's how we figured out than the t/c on my mom's crown vic was cracked...it took it several hours to leak but that was the problem, you couldn't even see it...

Back