Yo Al35thSC

R

RonzSC

hey man....
You haven't posted how the new motor is running?
Strong I'll bet.
What's up?

Status on my SC :)

Motor is running smooth as a baby's butt, no rough idle or weird noises and strong as a bull who got smacked in the ass with a sledge hammer (quoting adam mullen).

I got rid of one weird vibration that was making a rattling noise(thought it was my passengers seatbelt rail motor by the rear drivers side seat pannel) it ended up being the exhaust pipe hanger directly underneath it.

I have spoken to a couple of people and even gave a buddy of mine a ride in the SC, to see if the other ticking noise I hear is exhasut or tranny related, he says he couldn't hear it, and the tranny doesnt seem to be shifting weird, so it stays like that for a while then I'll see whats up. To quote him he says, if you think u hear it, turn up the system :)

I'm begining to think that it may be the fuel injectors (anyone know where I can get a can of the 3m stuff that you can bolt on to the fuel rail and run the car on to clean them, send me an email or respond to the post).

I know I can still hear it but its not as loud as it was, so I'm gonna check for vac leaks, and maybe even reseal the ic tubes, if need be. I took a screw driver to the fuel injectors, in lieu uf not having a stethoscope, and one of them sounded particularly noisy...that one gets checked first!

Tires are on the last third of tread life. My amplifier and new tweeters go in this weekend, and judging on performance from the cruise, I shall decide if I want a tranny cooler and shift kit first, or if I want to improve the fuel system first.

al

Alex...do you plan to keep your Aniv. stock in appearance?
I had planned to keep mione stock, but I looked at OnequikSC's ride and I think I wil have to change.
If you have a chance, check his car out. Major props to the dude...that is a righteous set of wheels,, and I've told him so.

well, heres my story....

i want to keep the same paint scheme and redo the leather/suede...thats for sure...gauges and stuff i will try to make as stock as possible. rims and tires...well this weekend i plan on repainting them and adding a good coat of clear coat to protect them. aftermarket rims, well, i DO plan on putting in at least some 18's, but that is the last thing i want to do...
performance wise, you better believe i am trying to add every bolt on possible. like ive told some people, i want to get into the low 14's without having to midfy the internals of the engine too much!!! just bolt ons (tb, maf, pulleys, blower top, exhaust, headers, zr intake, gears, tranny stuff, injectors, pump and a tuner; cam only if i do the p&p on the heads and get roller rockers, that wont be after the next rebuild, hopefully many any miles from now)

no wings, no different bumpers or body kits, no different lights.

i was actually wanting to remember what it was that the baron said he used to clean out his lenses and exactly how he did it :)

al

ask and you will recieve...

GS-27 crap for scratches, great for yellowed lenses. Use it like wax

1. clean the lenses
2. apply GS-27 to clean cloth and buff the #$%^ out of the lense
3. let dry
4. remove with a soft dry cloth
5. repeat several times for best appearance

thankyou thankyouverymuch!!! the yellowing looks like it may be coming from the inside though...is that how yours looked???

al

hmmm... I don't remember, but I do know that it dosen't hurt to try. Do you garage your bird?

no, no garaging for the bird...actually it rarely even gets the driveway...its parked on the street most of the time...the garages have acces from the alley only so its hard to put a car in there...besides my old grand am is in there (for sale as a parts car too if anyone knows who wants one...its a 93 grand am se with the sohc quad 4, engines shot and in pieces from my idiot cousin trying to fix it and then bailing on me but it has a bunch of new parts...brakes, rad, alternator, 2 tires, and the interios is super duper clean) anyway, i'll give it a shot, i think i heard somewhere that rubbing compound works just as well

al

Back