EEC Tuner ?

mikesc

After installing a EEC tuner from MN12 Performance and a tuner file from "Dr. Fred" my car has a problem. I would ask Fred but he is impossible to contact. My problem is that after the car warms up it dies when I come to a stop. It will immediaty will fire back up and run ok, but this problem makes things difficult when in traffic. I think it has something to do with open loop/closed loop operation but I wouldn't know where to start or what to edit. Anyone out there have any ideas what night be causing this?

Thanks,

Mike

I had a similar problem--although I cant b of much help--I havent been able to contact fred either
but since I reinstalled my cats it no longer stalls
g/l
Josh

Tuner

You might want to go back to your stock EEC setup and see if it stalls or not. If it still happens, then it's possible that Brian at www.apten-us.com can help. He burned a tuner file for me.

Jim

what year maybe i can help i have a tuner also e mail me, it may take 2 or 3 days for car to learn new settings

Re: Tuner

JT93SC said:
You might want to go back to your stock EEC setup and see if it stalls or not. If it still happens, then it's possible that Brian at www.apten-us.com can help. He burned a tuner file for me.

Jim

I have gone back to orignal settings (pulled the tuner) but the trouble I am having now is smog. It appears to be running lean (high nox) I have pulled the octane plug and was going to try that trick but the starter died. I need to find out a way to get it a bit more gas. I have no idea of how to edit the fuel table, I do have a laptop and am not completly computer illerate, but I am not sure what the values represent.

rlong said:
what year maybe i can help i have a tuner also e mail me, it may take 2 or 3 days for car to learn new settings

It's a 90. w/ the following mods

4.2L Morana Stroker, Stage Three Heads
76 mm Maf (orange tube)
Stock cam profile
38 lb injectors
75 mm T/B
MPII blower
MP High Flow Inlet Plenum
255 lph fuel pump
10% OD Pulley
SCP CAI

Back