Thunderbird/Cougar Door Hinge Repair Kit

Rich Thomson

MN12 Performance Inc. offers a complete lower hinge rebuild kit for 1989-1997 Thunderbird/Cougar & 1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII doors. Each kit includes all the hardware necessary to rebuild one lower hinge assembly and get your door alignment back to factory specs. This kit allows you to rebuild a worn out lower hinge assembly which causes misaligned doors. To see the installation instructions

Door Hinge Repair Kit
door-hinge-kit.JPG

Last edited:
Good deal Rich, glad to see someone tackle that problem. I Bought 4 brand new hinges last spring just because that little white plastic wheel had broke and fell out of my hinges.
Wish this had been available then.:)

I myself had to repair or replace a lower door hinge and had a heck of a time getting all the parts together. After all the work to assemble the needed parts I decided to offer it as a kit.

Rich

I know exactaly what you mean about rounding up parts to make something for these cars. The radiator project I decided to tackle for this car just about wore me down. But after about 2 months of turning what seemed like every rock on the planet I found the cores that all the radiator mfg's said did'nt exist.
I will probably buy 2 hinge kits after the holidays myself because the next time they go bad on me I dont want to remove the dash and doors to fix that little wheel. I took the doors off anyway because I am painting the whole car and the dash came out to put a new heater core in because I did'nt want the old one to blow the minute I started the new engine.

damn mike your going all out on your car, you should post some HOW-To's but im sure your too busy ;)

Move to NJ and you can help me haha... Im not looking forward to finding out what is wrong with my car( coolant prob )

Back