MAF question

tadmichael22

Just curious. Is upgrading to a larger maf a must for performance?
I am thinking about going with larger injectors and a larger fuel pump on my 93 SC. Where do you guys recommend getting these parts from. Can I just order them from summit or something?

Read the FAQ for starters there is enough information to keep you reading for a while. Then use the search function to look for any subject you would like more information on.

As of now it sounds as though you have a stock car. You should start with exhaust, then intake (as in the intake system), then a pulley. Then it depends where you want to go from there. Do injectors & pump before the pulley to be safe.

Jeff

Last edited:
maf question

I already have underdrive pulleys and the overdrive pulley as well. I also have exhaust mods done. Other than that everything is still pretty stock I am just getting started on it. I am just trying to figure out my best bet on what to change.
Tad

C&L 76mm works good. I would go for the late model blower and plenum then change to a early pulley. You might be getting close to the limit of the 30# injectors that's around 300hp.

Jeff

maf question

okay now, if I go to a 76mm and change fuel pump and injestior will I have to somehow re program any computers so its calibrated right?

Maf

www.supercoupeperformance.com sells the C&L Maf. When you order the Maf you also order a sampling tube that matches the size of your injectors. If you ever upgrade your injectors then you can just order a new sampling tube. No computer changes are needed with the C&L.

Jim

Look on Ebay, I bought a 76mm for $145 from Mustangperformance. You will need a tube for a Mustang with 19# injectors. Look on the TBSCEC there is a FAQ that tells you what size tube for different size injectors. The injectors you can probably buy a set of used injectors for way cheaper than any of the supercoupe related sites.

You can typically pick up a set of late model 36# injectors for about $125.

Jeff

C&L Performance's web site has the correct tubes listed for all types of injectors for Supercoupes. Both the correct tubes for 73mm and 76mm MAFs are listed. I am about to purchase a 73mm for pretty cheap. Now I need a tube. :)

"For injector applications larger than stock, please contact us or a knowledgable distributor of our products to ensure that you are receiving the correct product."

And it's 94-95 only that have the 36# injectors. Not 93 as stated by C&L.

C & L MAF - Sample Tube to Injector Guide

73 MM SC Model Years 76 MM

Color 89-93 94-95 Color

silver* 30 36/38 yellow
blue 36/38 42 orange
red 42 50 purple
green 50 xx green

* We call it a "silver" one and C & L calls it a "clear" one.

INJECTOR Identification SAFE SC hp potential

30 # per hour red top 298
36 # per hour purple top 358
38 # per hour red stripe 378
42 # per hour green stripe 418

Per Fred.

Back