Frame off Resto

Duh, Brandon, you know what I am talking about. :) Unibody = sub frame. so it would still be a "frame" with a body shell.

So I guess you know what a full frame car is. Well a unibody is basically stamped steel rails that make up the "frame" between the sub-frames. There are a front and rear sub-frame. The rear subframe has all the rear suspension componets attached to it. This bolts to reinforced parts on the body. The front subframe consists of the K member (which I am not sure what the Exact def. is. but I know it refers to the engine cradle and the front subframe is the entire front suspension and engine.

So you could drop the front subframe and rear subframe and set the body on rollers if you wanted too.

Jeff

Yes, I've been doing one for about 2 years now. Life and work keep delaying the finnish. What info are you looking for?

I guess I have, twice, stripped interior, panels, entire drivetrain, suspension etc etc, then I run the **** out of it and start over:). Depends how picky you are

Basically I just wanted to see some photos of an SC stripped down to nothing and then the photos when it is all done with a nice clean and detailed undercarriage.

I'll try to get you some in a couple of days. I've got the flue and I'm not getting around too good right now. You should contact George Davenport also he has pictures of his bird completely stripped and cut in half back when he was making it SWB.

Back