for thoes that are running spray

Just make sure your fuel pump is in good shape. I would replace it with a 190lph unit just to be safe. Fuel pumps in these cars tend to crap out after about 100K.

what kit would be good if i want about a good 50-90 shot?

rany other input would be great, i just dont wana blow up my engine

Dodge truck,

these motors aside from the headgasket trouble on the early models do handle nitrous well, if done correctly. a fifty shot of nitrous is good because it is used more to cool the charge than to be a "power adder". these engines have had recorded temps just be4 going into the lower intake manafold of up to 500 degrees.

as xr7 dave said def a new 190 lph fuel pump, fuel filter and also a adjustable fuel pressure regulator is good to allow more fuel pressure on the injector.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/TechServ/TechInfo/NOSTech7.html

it doesnt seem like you know all that much about N2O so i suggest going to holleys NOS FAQ page. you will learn much! and you will have almost all your answeres there.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/GenInfo/GenInfo.html

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/GenInfo/GenInfo.html

one more thing you dont want to spray nitrous thru the blower you will have an explosion... mount your nozzle after the intercooler and make sure it is pointing upstream towards the intake manafold away from the IC.

thanks for the sites, I gues i gota read a lil more. my next question was for thoes that are running no2 now, i was just wondering how they set theirs up, And hohw much money and time they have into it. thansks

I bought the universal V8 wet kit 05131NOS. I also bought a fuel pressure safety switch, rpm window switch, purge valve, bottle heater, bottle blanket, spare 10# bottle, pressure relief valves for each bottle, blow down tube and a bottle pressure gauge.

It took me and a freind one weekend to install the kit and then about 3 months to get all the kinks worked out of my system. Biggest problems were with the rpm on/off window switch and the fuel pressure safety switch. Apten performance tuned my car on the dyno to insure proper air/fuel mixtures and burned a flip chip that has my standard tune on one side and the nitrous tune on the other. The big difference on the nitrous side is 5 degrees less timing over 3000 rpms. This can also be done by pulling your octane plug if the chip is burned accordingly.

I would not suggest using the nitrous at levels higher than 50 or 60 HP until you have upgraded your fuel system and strengthened the bottom end. If your looking for a kit to be used on a mostly stock SC, the ZEX dry kit may be your best option.

I would suggest reading Wayne Ing's article on nitrous. It can be found on the SCCoO website.

David

dave is right, if your only lookin to spray less than a 100 shot youre better off sticking to a dry system. i am using a universal NOS V8 dry kit spraying a 60 shot. took me and one friend about 8 hours to install, but that was after planning it out and understanding exactly what we were getting into.

Nitrous can be your freind or your enemy just read and learn as much as you can before you just hit the lil red "go fast" button

Chris

thanks for ur help, i actualy may go with a zex wet system which seems pretty decent. it actually looke fun to install. tin case your wondering its part number 82021 thanks all for ur help

i'd go with a dry kit, wet kits can cause puddling and back fires if you don't install the jets in the right place. A dry kit is 10x easier if you are only going for a small shot.

how is n2o explosive? one molecule nitrogen two molecules oxygen. the fuel is what blows and the added 02, but only if the motor would hicup?

its not an actual "explosion" but its called a "nitrous explosion" read that FAQ that Dave posted a link to im pretty sure it explains it in there.

if your only lookin for a small shot you want the dry kit. as scott said the wet kit can cause fuel puddeling. the only reason you go with a wet kit is to supply extra fuel which the stock FIS cant supply. with the dry the stock system usually can supply enough to handle it.

silversc90 said:
how is n2o explosive? one molecule nitrogen two molecules oxygen. the fuel is what blows and the added 02, but only if the motor would hicup?
doesn't n20 mean 2 N's 1 O?
:D Just funning with ya

I don't recall saying or reading anything in Waynes article that nitrous was explosive. There was mention of Backfires which can happen when the engine hits the rev limiter and the nirtous and fuel (if wet system) keeps spraying when the injectors have shut down.

This could also cause a very lean condition and act like a cutting torch on the heads and pistons. I'm just starting to understand nitrous systems, but have already seen enough SC carnage to know, you must be very careful when using it to avoid damaging your engine.

David

sorry dave maybe it wasnt that article, but i know i read it in one FAQ somewhere.

nitrous isnt explosive and in fact its not even flamable BY ITSELF. however it has a higher oxygen content than normal air therefore allowing more fuel to be burned causing more power.

I beleive the explosion is when you have a wet system and the fuel/nitrous mix goes thru the xtremely hot blower it then ignites causing catastrophic damage.

I will try and dig up that article. if i find it i will post it here..

thanks
Chris

Back