good setting for afpr?

tondog

i bought an adjustable fuel pressure regulator from supercoupeperformance.com. is there a way to adjust it to what i need with out having it on my car? any suggestions on what kind of pressure i should use? ive got just about every single bolt-on with a ported blower and im using 42lb injectors and a 255lph fuel pump.

Buy an EEC tuner...

Im' running 42's with 255lph pump and with optimal settings on EEC tuner, the correct fuel drop can be acheived...

Unless something new has come along that I dont know about, I nixed the AFPR in favor under advisement from some of the other SC threads saying that the stock does a good enough job when coupled with telling the computer what you need.

I am not sure, however, if this can be enhanced any with the AFPR since a lot has happened since I went down that road which was PRE-EEC tuner development.

But basically, you need to install it, gauge it and play with it that way...Thats what I was told anyway...I dont see any logical way to tune it off of the car....

Leave the cowl vent screens off and i think u can still get at it with some sort of long needle nose plyers or something..

If im talking out of my butt, someone let me know...

- Mike

Requires removal of the cowl vents, and a long allen wrench and a socket for adjustments and locking it in place. I have been too lazy in adjusting mine correctly, being I haven't been driving the car yet, and I still need the exhaust done. Last time I checked, I was too high with 42#'s at idle and above 50 under boost. Eehhh, its my gas anyways, why try conserve when I'm gunna waste it anyways, hehe. Honestly, adjust it a pound or two above stock if you want to be extra safe. Just don't do what I did. And yes, it needs to be on the car to adjust it.

Set the static pressure to 40 psi with the engine idling and the vacuum/boost refrence line off. If the engine boggs under hard acceleration from a stop increase the pressure 1 or 2 pounds. That will usually be enough to correct any problems. Don't go over 43.5 static pressure.

I've had several adjustable regulators over the past 3 or 4 years and they all failed (stuck, leaks ect...) so now I'm using the stock regulator and a dyno tuned chip for A/F ratio adjustments.

David

I have an EEC tuner but I still use the AFPR to set my fuel pressure to 42 psi - the stock 36-39 psi is too low. Injectors will have a better spray pattern and atomization at the higher pressure. Of course this probably makes a difference of like 0.0000000000001 s in the quarter mile, but it's the principle...

Back