ok, exhaust and what i want

parkers_sc

OKOKOK, I know exhaust has been posted many many times. I've looked at all these, and sounds like the big thing is how you want it to sound. Well i rode in my friend's 96 mustang gt. And I like the sound. Throaty but not to loud. Another friend has a 00 mustang v-6 with flowmaster on it. and it also sounds great. Throaty but not too loud.

That's what i would like to hear it sound like. what should i do?
Advice please!

parkers_sc said:
OKOKOK, I know exhaust has been posted many many times. I've looked at all these, and sounds like the big thing is how you want it to sound. Well i rode in my friend's 96 mustang gt. And I like the sound. Throaty but not to loud.

Give it up, our cars will NEVER sound like a Mustang GT. It's just wishful thinking.:(

[QUOTE}I know exhaust has been posted many many times. I've looked at all these[/QUOTE]

I have done research...but still not really finding exactly what i want to hear.
I do realize that the GT is a 4.6...don't take me for an retard. But the 4.6 is stock, and doesn't sound a whole lot different from the v-6 with flowmasters. that's why i mentioned both. I will have to talk to the one with the v-6 a little more i guess. and yes i did do research! The guys that have posted in the Non-Tech forum weren't as nice. it's kinda dissappointing becuase all i'm looking for is a good sound. I have an idea of what i want to do with exhaust, and i would do that, but i don't want it to sound horrible and then have to redo it fo extra $$$$.!! (considering i'm a poor college student) Any little advice is helpful. Thanks to the guys that are helping!

Not trying to be a-holes. Just letting you know that your car will never sound like a GT. Anyway, you should think about exhaust from a performance perspective first and from a sound perspective second. I think you set a performance goal and decide which exhaust setup will be needed when you reach your goal. Go with that. Be realistic. These cars just won't sound that great. They can be made to sound better than stock, but it's still far away from the sound of a GT. Nothing sounds as good as a Mustang. It's music. I think the majority of the guys in this club are more interested in flow than they are in sound. We have the supercharger whine to satisfy that need.:D

Back