The label strikes again....speedo quit

Michael Mattix

SCCoA Member
Guys,
First and foremost I want to thank everyone who takes the time to write in to this forum and tell all the rest of us what happened with all of your SC glitches, no matter how small! Last night, as I was driving home, my speedometer stuck at 65 mph. So, after I got home I went to my trusty computer and did a search on SCCOA technical forum and did my research. Someone mentioned that if the cruise control worked, then it's not the vehicle speed sensor. I also read that it might be a label that ford used to label something within the instrument cluster that fell behind the back of the needle causing it to stick. Well, after pulling the cluster off last night of my 95 with 78k on her, I find this little label causing the needle to stick. And after pulling it out, I'm back to normal! It worked! Thanks to this forum and all of you awesome people out there (I can't remember who specifically I need to thank), I probably saved hundreds of dollars or countless hours/days of my OWN personal time wasted on this problem. For a married man with two kids, that's almost (to me) like saving someone's life. I got to spend the night with my kids and then when they went to bed, spent two hours getting that little label out. Thanks guys!!!

Mike

haha, yeah that damn label happened to me, i thought something was wring with the line, and i would always have to tap the dash, and one day i took it all out, and i saw that and was just like wtf. well glad to see ya fixed it

Back