Car doesn't run right after winterizing it

Nettlesd

Since winter is here, I decided to winterize my car, but now, something is just not right. I started with draining the radiator and pouring in a prefect 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water. Then, I drained my oil and poured in a prefect 50/50 mixture of oil and antifreeze. After all that, I checked the hoses and went for a spin. I wanted the mixtures to get a good blending together so nothing would freeze while it sat in my garage for the winter. Well, all I can say is, this car runs like it only produces 100hp. The car runs like it's already frozen up and has no power. What gives? Is it because I used GM's red Dexcool coolant.

Wait wait wait.....you put antifreeze in with the oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you thinking?!?! If so, thats you're problem, and i'd be surprised if you dont spin a bearing or lock up the motor. And yesm the dexcool is for the newer gm cars. Our cars need the green stuff. Looks like you got quite a few problems........oh my............

Holy Crap!!!!!!!

I sure hope this guy is kidding. Good thing it is winter and you will have plenty of time to rebuild the motor.

Ha Ha

Duane,

Have you been drinking that gasoline again?

shootout2003104.jpg

Scott

Sounds like your blower is freezing up. I'd recommend putting in a perfect 50/50 mixture of blower fluid and antifreeze. Just unbolt the four bolts on the blower top, remove it, and pour directly in. I think it holds about 0.90 Liters. :D

I hope this is a joke, I would hate to see somebody do that to a 95' SC, or somebody this stupid owning one.

Spray

You spray don't ya Duane? I think you problem is you need to fill the bottle with a 50/50 N20/antifreeze mix as well, and the others are right, if you use the red stuff you better swap to the m90 on the L67's they are designed for the red stuff.

Dave

Never drink and drive Duane :D

-Andy "Melon"

EDIT- Removed link for picture after seeing NastyV6 has the same.. stupid slow computer

Last edited:
Now he's prolly scared to reply cuz he's so embarrassed! lol, i thought i was bad, this better be a joke... i don't see why a troll would be a member tho?

wait, I thought you really are suppose to put antifreeze in the oil because in climates that get really cold , the oil can get really thick and could freeze to the pistions and shatter the block?:D

Oh man, Duane, you really did it this time. You better get your car over to the "dyno" asap for a check up!! I'll bring my .45 :D

Thomas (bawahahhahahahhahahahhaha)

Don't drive it or run the motor any more.You need to drain the oil out of the motor.
If you don't drive it any more,or start the motor.You might just get away with changing
the bearings. And not harm the crankshaft or the camshaft.

Randy

I think he might be serious. I have met this guy and seen him drinking everything from gas to window washer fluid....I think his only choice is to sell his car to me for 1000 bucks.

I think his only choice is to sell his car to me for 1000 bucks
Tony, I thought you were just planning on buying the judges next year, but this is a much better idea. On second thought, he should sell it to me because I live in the same state and it'll be easier to visit after I fix it;) :D

You can probably get all that antifreeze out if you just steam clean the engine... I remember reading somewhere that the best way to do this is drain your oil and replace it with 5 quarts of high quality distilled water...

Back