35th wheels

SC8990

Could somebody tell me about what a set (4) of 35th anniversary rims goes for? The only thing wrong with them is the clear coat has completely peeled off of three rims and most of the other. Center caps are there also.

I hate to say this, but, not much because of the poor condition.
Its not the owners fault, but rather the method of manufaturing by Ford & Reynolds the clear would not take the cold weather. The caps are and will always be in demand b/c they are so rare, made of plastic w/ the blue emblem. The rims are the same as the standard silver rim except they were sent in for painting.
Mine used to look like that and I looked into getting them refinished and it was going to be close to $700.cdn with garantee.
So I refinished them myself. It wasn't quick or easy but they look like new and they have held up for 3+ years. Even in absolute perfect condition, its hard to get $100.ea for them unless you find a purest with some cash.
The other way to treat the rims is to strip and polish them to a mirror finish but thats hard work to.
Here's what mine looked like after I finished:

35thRims.jpg

Wow those are probably the best looking 35th rims I've seen. I am basically just wondering if they are worth any more than regular SC rims. I was thinking about trying to get around $250 for the set with two new tires, does that seem high?

If they are perfect, then they are worth more. But with them all peeled they're probably worth less if anything b/c whoever gets them will have to send a pile to get them fixed. Why send to buy and fix those when you can just buy a nice set of after market rims. It never hurts to ask for what you want but don't be hurt by critics, low offers, or no offers at all. Most will insist on seeing pictures and that will be your deal killer. How good are the tires and what kind of miles? Good luck

Oh I can get pictures that's no problem. Tires are 225/60 Bridgestone Weatherford or something like that and have around 1k miles on them. I know shipping will be what will stop most people from buying them.

I've got a local guy that will give me $100 for them but I've had offers of $75 for just the center caps and without the centers the rims are worthless. Looks like they might not be the easiest wheels to sell.

$20. ea for the center caps is fair. $100 for rims and new tires isn't. Around $100 for the rims only (no caps, no new tires) maybe because they are good for winter swap, track, or someone wanting to refinish them like I did.
PS. Ford wanted $650cdn each for those rims & caps.
Good luck

Back