Can you ID this ground wire?

metalman

Yes folks, the "Can you ID" game continues with this new exciting round. In the 'ground wire' category we have an ominous ground wire that comes from the bundle of wires near the Ignition coil. It is about a foot or so in length. Can you name it and...

Where the hell does it go?!?!?!

Thank you for playing.

Metalman :confused:

But wait folks, there is a bonus round as well in the 'starter motor' catagory. This is kind of obscure, but here we go.

What size bolt is the smaller of the two starter motor bolts? I misplaced it when I took my start off and I cannot find one bolt of the thousands that I have at my houst that will fit this hole. I have the larger starter bolt, but not the small one. I know this is an obscure question. sorry. But, you get an extra 20 points for answering it correctly :)

I already got the ground to the back of the head.

This is a fairly thick black rubber sheathed wire coming from the bundle of wires near the ignition coil.

It probably just goes to the body somewhere but I want to be sure.

Only ground wire near the coil pack that I can think of at this time is one going to the back of the alternator.

As for that lower starter bolt, from what I remember it was an odd size head that I fit a 13mm socket onto. It looked as if it could have been a 12.5, as no american fit and nor would a 12.

Back