Love Affair with someone elses SC

1QuikV6

I see it every day practically. An old guy on the next street over has a Midnight Blue 95 SC. All it does is sit in his driveway unless he goes to Food Lion or sumthin. It KILLS me to look at it!!! absolutely KILLS me. Its like it begs to be driven..... Geeeez I jus wanna play with it! Just once! How many neighbors in a town of 12k people has a Blue 95 SC? I bet it has like no miles on it at all.:(

Go make him an offer! Your LX, even swap. ;) At least maybe he'll keep you in mind when/if he does decide to get something else. I'd hate for that car to end up as a trade in. :eek:

You should definitely go introduce yourself . I've bought two absolutely cherry vehicles that way, from original owners who were older people and didnt' drive them any more. Both times, they guy said "oh i doubt if i'll ever sell it" but i ended up owning both of them within 2 years of when i talked to them....just keep in touch and he'll probably want you to have it instead of some car lot when he gets ready to get rid of it.
(one of the cars i bought this way was an 1966 Corvair Corsa Turbo.....with 56,000 miles on it, from the original owner....Damn how i wish i still had THAT car ! )

same thign happened to me

the exact same thing happened to me, cept it was with an old lady i saw her at a stop light and i yelled at her, and told her she had a sweet car and she looked confused, i was disapointed it was a 95 blue auto, oh man was it gorgeous, i feel for you 1quick

Thou shall find salvation in thy neighbors SC. Thou has sinned by owning an LX and not an SC.
I want it soooooo bad, its so......... unmolested and perfect. It just sits and waits for someone to enjoy it. Thats it! Im stopping by there on my way to work. I just have to ask him or at least drool over it for endless hours. Midnight Blue is now my favorite color SC. Its an auto but I guess I'll let that slide.:D

If that guy lived in my area (or even drove within 50 miles), Scott Long would have flaged him down (or got a cop to pull him over or something) to talk to him the first time he saw the car.

I wouldn't feel bad about going over there to talk to him.

-Steve

yeah atleast talk to the dude and plant that seed in his head in case he decides to sell it. If that doesnt work than steal it, cant be that hard. if he doesnt drive it he probably will not notice it is gone.

Im so glad your lusting after your neighbors sc and not ,
the old mans wife.

but maybe you noticed his wife first then the sc???

freaky are we?? hell go to the house ask about the car how much if and will he keep you in mind if he ever wants to sell it ,

my buddy did this and five yrs later then m,an called him up,
he now owns a 68 428 cj fairlane for $ 1,500

hey maybe the old man will trow in his wife!!!

you lusty freaky sinner!!

Yeah...Biker SC knows what he's talkin' about...Scott flagged me down..I mean came out of NOWHERE and scared the sh** out of me and my wife...glad he's harmless...

Well I had to run to work, didnt have time to stop by. I drove very slowly by his house where it was sitting in front. Just as clean and neat as Ive ever seen. The shear thought of how nice it probably drives and how easy he's been on it just makes me drool. Just think about it..... A 95 SC thats never been driven hard or ragged. Imagine that!
hes a very nice guy. I was sittin at the local Texaco a few weeks ago and he was fillin up at the next pump. We stood and talked for a good 10 min or so about them. Bought it new in 95 with 7 miles on it. Hes never even used the Firm Ride switch or the sunroof. And it never crossed my mind to ven ask him about selling it. Hes the only 72 year old black man I know with an SC, hahaha.
From what he told me, the only thing wrong with it is a slow leak in the radiator from where it sits and doesnt get driven much. The farthest he drives is 25 miles to Medlin Ford for oil changes, fluid changes, and transmission flushes.

Does it get any better than that???:rolleyes:

:D :D :D Guess what guys? I went to the Food Lion to get something for dinner and what do I spy? The SC. So I pull into the spot next to it and go inside. He was at the register and so I struck up a convo or how I love Thunderbirds. So we talk again about them and I just up and ask him if he has any plans to sell his SC and if so to just give me a figure to work with. He thought a second and asked for my number and said he'd give me a call tomorrow about it.
It feels like Xmas eve where I cant sleep Im so exited! Im trying not to get overanxious and jinx it but I cant help it! :p

I too have a lust for someone else's SC. I credit myself for the only "running" 35th in Hilliard Ohio, but there is some foolish guy that lives in Hilliard too with a 35th that need alot of work and doesn't run. I've talked to him numerous times before in the past, even making several trips to his house in my 35th only to hear the same thing: "the least I will go is $3000" from the guy. $3000! That is what I paid for my 35th and it is in a hell of alot better of condition than his. I would say his is worth about a grand or less. Owell. Maybe someday he will learn?

Some people are oblivious to the worth of SCs. Im getting sick at the though of what the guy wants to sell his 94 for. I have a feeling hes gonna ask somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 or 7 grand.
<Quick35th> I noticed you have RIP next to your 88 GT. Can I ask what happened to it? We have an 88 GT 5 speed here at the house and I love it.

Well... My 88 GT was a five-speed also. I baught it stock from the original owner much like you are trying to buy this guy's 94. I autocrossed it a few times. It was a blast! But it all ended on the sixth of October when I fallowed a pair of cars threw a left turn. I was behind a jacked-up Jeep and couldn't see much but stupidly follewed him through the intersection. I got t-boned by an 89 Z28 going about 50mph! Ouch! Luckfully, the driver of the other car and I were fine. I miss it still. I want to get another Mustang someday; maybe when I am out of college. When I do get another one it will be an 03 Cobra or an 00 R.

Shane

ps- I have pics of it if anyone wants to see them. The only problem is that I dont know how to post pics.

Toasted by a Z28, man, that sux. What color? Id get out, hit my knees, and bawl my eyes out. Theres a few fox 5.0 5 speeds for sale here, a 93, 88, and 90.
Id go for a 2000 R. nothing like a 5.4L 6 speed Tremec Stang.

Back